+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv positive

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Has any one from Nigeria or any other country successfully get a visa approval?
HIV, unless you fail the medical, is not an issue for visa approval. You can have HIV and show that you have it under control with medication, and showing cost of medication as you pay out of pocket. Getting approval depends on your funds, ties to Nigeria, justifying program costs with education and career advancement.

Reactions: Benjilo

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
A friend had his today from Ghana apply in august 11 biometric 22 August
Thanks for the update.....
But why is mine delaying?
I applied on July 21, 2023
Biometric on July 24, 2023
Yet no updates from IRCC.
What's going on?

I'm not HIV positive though

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What's going on?

Have you passed the medical? Has background and eligibility started? Do you live in country of citizenship? Many things can lead to a delay but there is a backlog and few are processed within stated times.

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
Have you passed the medical? Has background and eligibility started? Do you live in country of citizenship? Many things can lead to a delay but there is a backlog and few are processed within stated times.
@Naturgrl I submitted a second application for study permit from the UK on August 9. I have not been asked to do medical and my biometrics are still valid from previous application. Eligibility not started but background is ongoing. No update since I submitted. What could be wrong? Class starts in January

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl I submitted a second application for study permit from the UK on August 9. I have not been asked to do medical and my biometrics are still valid from previous application. Eligibility not started but background is ongoing. No update since I submitted. What could be wrong? Class starts in January
So what is your country of citizenship? Background check involves making sure documents are not fraudulent plus immigration/security/criminal checks. So if you don’t live in country of citizenship then background checks can take a long time.

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
Yes, I live in my country on Citizenship, Ghana
Background and eligibility.... Processing

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

Benjilo

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
What's going on?

Have you try tracking it on the tracker
Did you do upfront medicals

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
Nothing much you can do but wait. Eligibility has yet to start. Given that you don’t live in Nigeria expect longer processing times.
@Naturgrl I just received a refusal letter and I could only deduce one reason for the refusal. They said in my last visit to Canada I did not comply with all conditions outlined in R183 of the IRPR or written in previous Canadian immigration document.

In 2018, I visited Canada and I overstayed the 6 months period for visitors because I had issues with the airline I was supposed to travel with. But before I overstayed I applied for extension and left before the extension expired.

How can a I correct the reason for refusal because I want to resubmit the application as soon as possible?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl I just received a refusal letter and I could only deduce one reason for the refusal. They said in my last visit to Canada I did not comply with all conditions outlined in R183 of the IRPR or written in previous Canadian immigration document.

In 2018, I visited Canada and I overstayed the 6 months period for visitors because I had issues with the airline I was supposed to travel with. But before I overstayed I applied for extension and left before the extension expired.

How can a I correct the reason for refusal because I want to resubmit the application as soon as possible?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Order GCMS notes? Was that the only reason for refusal? Did you declare that overstay in your first application? Anything about a 5 year ban? You cannot correct the reason for refusal as you did overstay by 6 months. All you can do is declare your overstay. IRCC is concerned that you will not leave Canada after your studies, so you need to convince them that you will not. It is hard to be approved with such a long overstay.