+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV POSITIVE REFUGEE

Lizzy84

Nov 12, 2018
Hello good night

This is my first time on this forum... I just need some clarity as I dont know what is happening with my application.I applied for permanent residents with the Canadian embassy and my process seem to be going great ..I was interviewed three months ago and the same day I did my interview I received an emailed PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES ...The officer requested that i submit my police certificate of character and have my medical done .. After i did my medical it returned positive,the panel doctor sort of discourage me by telling me that the embassy wont entertain my application with this result ... then I receive another email instructing me to return to the panel doctor for more test ... I did .. but i find that since my test was positive the doctor was acting different and i had to keep calling for him to submit my result as he only remember my case when I call he never called me to inform me about my first result .. and i have not heard anything sine my last test .. i dont even know if my last result was uploaded to the medical profile .. anyone here have any a situation as this

lizzy.........

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello good night

This is my first time on this forum... I just need some clarity as I dont know what is happening with my application.I applied for permanent residents with the Canadian embassy and my process seem to be going great ..I was interviewed three months ago and the same day I did my interview I received an emailed PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES ...The officer requested that i submit my police certificate of character and have my medical done .. After i did my medical it returned positive,the panel doctor sort of discourage me by telling me that the embassy wont entertain my application with this result ... then I receive another email instructing me to return to the panel doctor for more test ... I did .. but i find that since my test was positive the doctor was acting different and i had to keep calling for him to submit my result as he only remember my case when I call he never called me to inform me about my first result .. and i have not heard anything sine my last test .. i dont even know if my last result was uploaded to the medical profile .. anyone here have any a situation as this

lizzy.........
Hi

As a convention refugee, your HIV status will not affect your application. You are exempt from Excessive Demand.

Reactions: Melchett

danny85

Aug 31, 2018
Hi

As a convention refugee, your HIV status will not affect your application. You are exempt from Excessive Demand.

Hello everyone! I applied as a convention refugee under private refugee sponsorship.

During my medical examination, the physician plane communicated with me that I am HIV positive I was traumatic because the information is new to me. I asked her what should I do. Also, I asked her how long it has been in my body... As I remembered the last time I had sex was 3 years ago I doubted the result to be my status...

During the medical exam, I asked her will this affects my application to migrate to Canada, she said yes because I need to receive treatment now until it became undetected that's only when they will give fit to travel report to IRCC. I asked her how long it will take and how to start the treatment she said they will communicate with me... It's been over two weeks since I went for the medical exams yet I haven't heard from the IRCC or the doctor.

And am facing deportation in the country I am in... If they deport me I will die sometimes I felt like committing suicide for not having access to medication... I have contacted the organization that sponsored me in Canada about my status they said I will receive care when I arrived to Canada.

But I don't know how long it will take IRCC to resettle me to Canada..

Please anyone with useful information to help me???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone! I applied as a convention refugee under private refugee sponsorship.

During my medical examination, the physician plane communicated with me that I am HIV positive I was traumatic because the information is new to me. I asked her what should I do. Also, I asked her how long it has been in my body... As I remembered the last time I had sex was 3 years ago I doubted the result to be my status...

During the medical exam, I asked her will this affects my application to migrate to Canada, she said yes because I need to receive treatment now until it became undetected that's only when they will give fit to travel report to IRCC. I asked her how long it will take and how to start the treatment she said they will communicate with me... It's been over two weeks since I went for the medical exams yet I haven't heard from the IRCC or the doctor.

And am facing deportation in the country I am in... If they deport me I will die sometimes I felt like committing suicide for not having access to medication... I have contacted the organization that sponsored me in Canada about my status they said I will receive care when I arrived to Canada.

But I don't know how long it will take IRCC to resettle me to Canada..

Please anyone with useful information to help me???
The panel physician doesn’t usually treat you. I would be contacting a clinic in the country you are living in to start treatment for HIV. HIV doesn’t have to come from sex. Could be contracted a few different ways but you also could have been infected for 3+ years and still have HIV that hasn’t progressed to AIDS.

danny85

Aug 31, 2018
The panel physician doesn’t usually treat you. I would be contacting a clinic in the country you are living in to start treatment for HIV. HIV doesn’t have to come from sex. Could be contracted a few different ways but you also could have been infected for 3+ years and still have HIV that hasn’t progressed to AIDS.
Thank you so much I have reached out to some organizations if they could help me out with the medication I don't have health insurance even resident status over here... This is the toughest time for me to handle...

Do you have an idea if my status would delay my resettlement to Canada as a convention refugee???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much I have reached out to some organizations if they could help me out with the medication I don't have health insurance even resident status over here... This is the toughest time for me to handle...

Do you have an idea if my status would delay my resettlement to Canada as a convention refugee???
Not familiar whether it is true that IRCC requests that you be on treatment and have an undetectable viral load before approval as you have stated