+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HIV positive applying to study in Canada

qtbh1995

Dec 10, 2021
You don't need to apply to a top tier school to get accepted. That has a low impact on the final decision. There are plenty of smaller colleges that offer quality education. As long as they are approved by the province as being a publicly funded institution ie, any college/uni that are not private schools.

You need to first get an admission letter then show proofs of funds. I would focus on that first. Your medical history has zero affect on the decision.
Thank you. I will find good public colleges and apply to them. Thank you so much for your answers

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
Thank you. I will find good public colleges and apply to them. Thank you so much for your answers
Good luck and keep us updated !

Reactions: qtbh1995

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
Hello, please IRCC sent me a letter today. It’s says
Submissions: As per the medical assessment, you have a diagnosis of HIV Positivity -
Asymptomatic.
Please provide a detailed health care plan on how you will meet your medication and required
health services.
Please provide proof of funds on how you will be able to afford these health care expenses apart
from the expected cost associated to be a student in Canada.
Can someone please tell me what to do, I’m so confused rn

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, please IRCC sent me a letter today. It’s says
Submissions: As per the medical assessment, you have a diagnosis of HIV Positivity -
Asymptomatic.
Please provide a detailed health care plan on how you will meet your medication and required
health services.
Please provide proof of funds on how you will be able to afford these health care expenses apart
from the expected cost associated to be a student in Canada.
Can someone please tell me what to do, I’m so confused rn
Follow the instructions - submit your health plan with the medications you take. Show the monthly cost of the medication and the funds to pay for those medications while you are a student.

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
Follow the instructions - submit your health plan with the medications you take. Show the monthly cost of the medication and the funds to pay for those medications while you are a student.
Please I don’t know how to do it, is there somewhere I can get a format of how to do this

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
I use tenofovir/lamivudine/dolutegravir(Acriptega) which is not listed in the Ontario formulary. My plan is to have it mailed to me by family every 3 months and I could show proof of funds in my bank account. So I can list health care insurance in Canada and show proof of being able to afford other health services. Would this be an ideal thing to show?

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
I use tenofovir/lamivudine/dolutegravir(Acriptega) which is not listed in the Ontario formulary. My plan is to have it mailed to me by family every 3 months and I could show proof of funds in my bank account. So I can list health care insurance in Canada and show proof of being able to afford other health services. Would this be an ideal thing to show?
Please should I include it in my healthcare plan that I will switch drugs once I get to Canada OR I should stick with the drugs being mailed to me narrative

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can't have your medication mailed to you. As stated in the link, "Canadian residents requiring ongoing treatment with a prescription medication that was started abroad should speak with their doctor about accessing a licensed product in Canada." You can bring in 3 months worth and then you need a plan to pay for prescription costs from within Canada. So you need to figure out your costs and show the funds for the medication prescribed to you within Canada.

Bringing health products into Canada for personal use (GUI-0116) - Canada.ca

viasta

Dec 11, 2021
Please should I include it in my healthcare plan that I will switch drugs once I get to Canada OR I should stick with the drugs being mailed to me narrative
Sorry for asking too many questions, I just don’t want to mess this up

qtbh1995

Dec 10, 2021
Hi Viasta, currently, I do not know what kinds of insurance you should purchase. The cost of Acriptega/Tivicay is about 90 CAD per month. You can look up on the internet. If there is no insurance for your medical condition, you should write you will pay for the medicine yourself. As far as I know, there are other threads that help you with the info. However, I hope that there will be someone knowledgeable enough to tell you what to do. I wish that you will overcome this and will soon set foot on Canada

qtbh1995

Dec 10, 2021
Hi Viasta, as of now, I think you should email your school about your condition and ask if the University insurance covers its medical fees. I hope you have an agree.