+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
I did Upfront medicals at an hospital and the result just came out, I have not applied yet for my study permit. Do you say I should go ahead and apply then wait for IRCC instruction ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I did Upfront medicals at an hospital and the result just came out, I have not applied yet for my study permit. Do you say I should go ahead and apply then wait for IRCC instruction ?
Yes.
Who gave the results to you, in Canada this is usually done by IRCC or provincial medical panel.
If this is the case yes you have to complete the treatment and then apply. As far as I know IRCC will contact you but I may be wrong.
Are you applying on your own or through a representative?

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
I’m applying from outside canada, I did upfront medicals with an IRCC recognized hospital to speed up my application when I submit

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I’m applying from outside canada, I did upfront medicals with an IRCC recognized hospital to speed up my application when I submit
Everyone who do medicals for immigration has to go with the approved docs from IRCC, you can't go to any doc for Canada immigration.

Last edited:

aio

Sep 25, 2022
I don’t know yet, I only got diagnosed yesterday. Please do I still have any chances of getting a study permit ?
I suggest visit a hub (loveyourself) and start your treatment. This are the docs that I requested in my hub and submitted during my upfront medical at IOM.
* confirmation result (one that submitted to DOH)
* latest CD4 Count
* latest viral load test
*clinical abstract

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
wow thank you so much, I just got detected. I was at my hospital today they said I’ll resume for medication on Monday. I requested for the CD4 and viral load but they said it would be high. Can I submit it like that or I have to wait till after 6 months of usage. Also was your visa approved after this ? Please Help me

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
Also please how did you present your application after you submitted thoes documents.
Did you choose a province that offers medical coverage ?
Did you draw out a plan on how to cater for your medicals in canada ?
Did you add extra funds aside the 10k CAD for 1yr living expenses?

aio

Sep 25, 2022
wow thank you so much, I just got detected. I was at my hospital today they said I’ll resume for medication on Monday. I requested for the CD4 and viral load but they said it would be high. Can I submit it like that or I have to wait till after 6 months of usage. Also was your visa approved after this ? Please Help me
Yes, my study visa got approved last month. I suggest still request for CD4 and Viral Load since IRCC might ask you to submit those docs. Others here became undetected after few weeks of taking arv. Just submit all the requirements they ask and you're good. Keep fighting!

Reactions: Lucky_59

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Also please how did you present your application after you submitted thoes documents.
Did you choose a province that offers medical coverage ?
Did you draw out a plan on how to cater for your medicals in canada ?
Did you add extra funds aside the 10k CAD for 1yr living expenses?
I did not mention in my sop about my status nor make a plan about my medication or add extra fund. I only disclose it during my medical. BC, Alberta covers medical coverage for arv but some provinces dont cover it so make sure to research about the province you are planning to settle in Canada.

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Thank you so much, my program is in Toronto and I read they don’t cover it. But my school also has a campus in Vancouver. What should I do ?
I suggest to look for provinces that covers arv. If you stay in Toronto you can ask your hub here to ship your meds every 3 months.

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
Thank you so much, I guess I will just go on with the application and submit all the necessary reports to IOM so they can update my file. If I eventually pull through I could switch my campus to Vancouver