+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

Oct 8, 2023
What country are you from and have u been enrolled with any HIV clinic in your country to start with
hi there. any update about you? your application and your health?

Hello everyone, I just found out my hiv positive result today from iom I was called and talk to. But I’ve submitted my application and upfront late last month even did biometric today. The doctor said it was every low in me, the virus. I didn’t even have any symptoms and it is good it was detected now so I can get on the drugs right away and get undetectable asap. Coming back home and going through this thread I just realized I wasn’t told anything on like cd4 or viral load. Will I know that after I start taking the drugs

My question is since my file is already with ircc how do I tell them know I plan on shipping the drugs every three months( I have gone through the thread to know the drug can be shipped)

Will this new test results affect my proof of funds now? I use an agent for my process and I don’t want him or anyone to know now for privacy reasons. It’s all new to me I don’t even want to start thinking and get stressed and depressed now I just want this visa process to be over first,

secondly I will be going to Regina at Saskatchewan what is the policy there what can I expect. Please I don’t know the questions to ask now it’s all new to me never had this kind of shock in my life. But please if you are at Saskatchewan or any provinces that know what it is like in Sask and you know where am I going with the questions please help me with a response please I beg you. I appreciate your reply thank you
[/QUOTE]

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Hello everyone, I just found out my hiv positive result today from iom I was called and talk to. But I’ve submitted my application and upfront late last month even did biometric today. The doctor said it was every low in me, the virus. I didn’t even have any symptoms and it is good it was detected now so I can get on the drugs right away and get undetectable asap. Coming back home and going through this thread I just realized I wasn’t told anything on like cd4 or viral load. Will I know that after I start taking the drugs

My question is since my file is already with ircc how do I tell them know I plan on shipping the drugs every three months( I have gone through the thread to know the drug can be shipped)

Will this new test results affect my proof of funds now? I use an agent for my process and I don’t want him or anyone to know now for privacy reasons. It’s all new to me I don’t even want to start thinking and get stressed and depressed now I just want this visa process to be over first,

secondly I will be going to Regina at Saskatchewan what is the policy there what can I expect. Please I don’t know the questions to ask now it’s all new to me never had this kind of shock in my life. But please if you are at Saskatchewan or any provinces that know what it is like in Sask and you know where am I going with the questions please help me with a response please I beg you. I appreciate your reply thank you
[/QUOTE]
There is no privacy when applying for immigration. It can lead to problems in future. Do you think this won't come out if you don't tell doctor. Medical is done solely for this purpose. Since you have already submitted the file it is better to rectify this.
Since you have appointed a representative you have to tell them and ask them to send a web form.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

[/QUOTE]

The doctor indicating the “everything was low” was probably indicating your viral load was low. For anything related to T cells you want a high count not a low count. IRCC will want you to show that you are on a treatment regimen and that your viral load is undetectable. Since you will be starting your treatment while also trying to move to Canada I would suggest selecting a drug therapy that is also available in Canada and that will fall under the excessive demand amount for 5 years in Canada (approx 120k over 5 years). Your doctor should be able to help you and prices of drugs what medications are available in Canada can be found online. Healthcare is primarily provincial so would look up drug availability and cost in Saskatchewan.

International students in Saskatchewan should have access to the provincial health plan when they start studying full-time and if they continue to study full-time. You will need to look into whether you are registered for a healthcare extended benefit plan through your school fees. If attending a well known public university/college then they also likely provide access to an extended healthcare benefit plan that would include a pharmacare. You would have to look up the yearly limit form for drug claims. They tend to be lower than other plans offered for example from employers became students tend to be young and relatively healthy.

You may receive a request for further testing or information after your medical from IRCC asking for proof that you are on a drug regimen and that your viral load is undetectable. If it isn’t a formal request I would send in proof myself via webform when you do testing to show the treatment is effective and that your viral load is undetectable. You can also include details of your plan to receive your medication every 3 months via courier to Saskatchewan from your home country. That you have a friend or family member that will send you your medication every three months via X courier and that it will cost X amount. You should show how the cost of medication and courier will be affordable based on the amount you have shown for savings in the first year and for subsequent years as a student. You may want to consider saying that you will reserve the pharmacare amount from your extended benefit plan for any unexpected medical issues that may occur while in Canada like bacterial infection in your throat, skin rash or infection, etc.

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022

[/QUOTE] Since you just had your medical at IOM, I believe you will be receiving updates from IOM on the next steps you will do. Don't worry, I, too, had been in that situation and now I am here in Canada and will be starting my second semester.

Stessi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2023

[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late reply, which country are you from, and you have to register at a clinic so you can get medication

Gene1200

Dec 15, 2023
Currently I use a combination of dolutegravir/lamivudine/tenofovir and I don’t know the price in canada.

I read that students are not eligible for UHIP. how much is BC monthly premium please?
Hi will the PP let you know if you are hiv positive after you medicals before submitting it to ircc?

Gene1200

Dec 15, 2023
Since you just had your medical at IOM, I believe you will be receiving updates from IOM on the next steps you will do. Don't worry, I, too, had been in that situation and now I am here in Canada and will be starting my second semester.
[/QUOTE]
Hi will the PP let you know if you are hiv positive after you medicals before submitting it to ircc?

Reactions: LORDE_85

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
Since you just had your medical at IOM, I believe you will be receiving updates from IOM on the next steps you will do. Don't worry, I, too, had been in that situation and now I am here in Canada and will be starting my second semester.
[/QUOTE]
In my case, during the initial screening, I already informed them that I have HIV. Then after the medical, the doctor talked to me about it.

Gene1200

Dec 15, 2023
In my case, during the initial screening, I already informed them that I have HIV. Then after the medical, the doctor talked to me about it.
[/QUOTE]
So when your medical showed up in your portal did it showed up as pass?

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
So when your medical showed up in your portal did it showed up as pass?
[/QUOTE]
After I gave my UD status report, I god PASSED in my portal

Stessi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2023
[/QUOTE]
Hello are you from Nigeria?