+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring consultant and profile access

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hey guys am hiring a consultant and actually paid part of the money a while ago before discovering this forum,so my question is if the consultant is trusted is it ok to go on with him since i paid already part of the fees plus is it ok not to be able to access my profile,anyone having experience with that?is it a big deal that they are the ones in control or not?

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Not having access to your profile sounds really dodgy to me.
I remember when my agent was a lady at CECA Melbourne.. she sent me email with all the log in details, secret questions and everything.
And yes I also had paid a part of instalment. Later I decided to handle my own application and they were happy to let me go as I didn't want any money back.

So yeah there are agents out there who give you access to profile, and that is how it should be anyway....

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Not having access to your profile sounds really dodgy to me.
I remember when my agent was a lady at CECA Melbourne.. she sent me email with all the log in details, secret questions and everything.
And yes I also had paid a part of instalment. Later I decided to handle my own application and they were happy to let me go as I didn't want any money back.

So yeah there are agents out there who give you access to profile, and that is how it should be anyway....
I think they wont let me access my profile so that am needing them and thus will pay because if i am having access i might just continue on my own without paying,am curious by what you mean by that they will let you go i mean since the express entry profile is not created yet they dont have any power in that regards right???

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
just create a new profile on your own

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Wolverine17 said:
I think they wont let me access my profile so that am needing them and thus will pay because if i am having access i might just continue on my own without paying,am curious by what you mean by that they will let you go i mean since the express entry profile is not created yet they dont have any power in that regards right???
I meant that I had a contract with them and I had paid a part of instalment( they did create my Profile and helped me in getting ECA )
The last instalment had to go whenever I received the Invitation which hasn't happened till now.
So, I decided after they had created the profile that I want to manage on my own.
So, they told me they wont be refunding my first instalment but they don't mind if I want to manage my profile on my own.
Since then I had recreated my profile and managed to get The letter of interest from Ontario and sent them my application as well. All had been done by me.

As to what your agents intentions are, I am no judge.
Could be anything.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Mallikaasharmaa said:
I meant that I had a contract with them and I had paid a part of instalment( they did create my Profile and helped me in getting ECA )
The last instalment had to go whenever I received the Invitation which hasn't happened till now.
So, I decided after they had created the profile that I want to manage on my own.
So, they told me they wont be refunding my first instalment but they don't mind if I want to manage my profile on my own.
Since then I had recreated my profile and managed to get The letter of interest from Ontario and sent them my application as well. All had been done by me.

As to what your agents intentions are, I am no judge.
Could be anything.
So what do you advice me to do?is it easy to handle all the procedure by my own?btw i dont mind paying them money if its going to be for my own good

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Its really hard to give advice on this matter. First of all PR is a very important dream for us with life altering consequences.
So, I don't think I am wise enough to tell you if you should use them or not...

What I got sick of was the fact that I paid them AUD 500 for ECA and 2nd instalment was AUD2000 was making the profile.
I lost AUD 2500 on just this much. And when I called them to ask if any PNP was open. they said no. Only Quebec is open for medical professionals.
On top of everything else, the lady was not even happy to take my calls. she would sigh.. and act as if she was the busiest person on earth. All this really drove me insane. I joined the forum and got much more from it in first two days. I mean I got my Letter of interest from Ontario.

But you could have completely different experience. That's why I don't want to say anything.
There are possibilities of both : you making a mistake and also an agent making a mistake...
Rest depends on how much time you have at your disposal and how much you are willing to research and communicate. And also if you are generally good at handling documents, planning and arranging your application/ file etc.

So its your call....

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Also whatever you choose to do.. you should have access to your EE profile.
its absolutely absurd to not have that much...

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in the same situation: hired a legal consultant, told them clearly that I wanted to access my profile, had no objection from them at that time, but after creating the profile they refused to give me the log in details (in my opinion, just because they thought I would bypass them after receiving the ITA - the time when the second part of the fees had to be paid off).

I simply told them that I was not in need of their services anymore.

There is not a single person in this world on whom you should blindfully rely.
Especially in my case when I saw so many small mistakes in my application which could have had a huge negative impact later.

So better let them go.

bolton9190

Jul 18, 2015
Hi,

I'm using a consultant, they said I could have my log i details (Which they sent me along with secret questions) but this wasn't until i'd paid the last instalment as they said they'd had a few people gain access after 1 payment then log in and change all the details so the consultant has no access once the profile was created.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
To be honest am really confused ,i mean money wise the application for 3 persons is going to cost around 1000 dollars right???i keeping that in mind will mean that the consultant is going to have around 1500 extra i think to pay but again money os not the main issue but i dont like the idea of relying 100 percent on someone thats my main concern

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Anyone who has been in the same situation before?how difficult it is to go on on my own with creating the express entry profile is it any diffcult?also how much will be the application fees for 3 persons in case i recieve ita?

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hey,

Excuse me if I am asking an already answered question. However, I just read that some of you have received letter of interest from Ontario. Does that provide additional points to the profile? If so, how can one receive the same ?

Thanks

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
singhkartik3 said:
Hey,

Excuse me if I am asking an already answered question. However, I just read that some of you have received letter of interest from Ontario. Does that provide additional points to the profile? If so, how can one receive the same ?

Thanks
If you get nominated you get 600 points but
Am not aware of the requirements

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Wolverine17 said:
Anyone who has been in the same situation before?how difficult it is to go on on my own with creating the express entry profile is it any diffcult?also how much will be the application fees for 3 persons in case i recieve ita?
If you know how to register and post on this forum, then you know how to create an Express Entry profile. It's basically an online questionnaire.

Read and follow these steps and links: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

If 3 persons = you + spouse + child, then it's $550 + $550 + $150 for the application fees, then $490 + $490 for the RPRF (waived for underage dependents).