+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, I have a question about changing immigration category.

ozoc7942

Apr 1, 2012
computergeek said:
I don't know anyone in the immigration office. But my profession includes study and understanding complex and Byzantine systems. Often, I have to find the holes. Using human language, legislatures and bureaucrats attempt to create systems of rules that they think will be foolproof, when professionals working with formal languages and executed by highly predictable systems are not capable of getting it right. No wonder there are often holes in such systems - both that can be exploited by those using the system as well as allowing innocents to fall into them (it sounds like you're more along the latter category.)

Regardless of what you do, the best strategy is to educate yourself on the rules and then consult with people familiar with the process. While you can know how the process SHOULD work, someone who has been dealing with it for 10+ years will have practical insights you won't have (nor, will most people on this forum.)

Good luck!
Ok, but then again, say I get removal order. Can I appeal it? And while I am appealing, can I still stay in Canada? For how long? Thanks.

calgaryimmigration

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Individuals who plan to change status to a non-immigrant category other than F or J student or dependent, should consult International Student and Scholar Services in the Office of International Programs (OIP-ISSS) and consult the relevant webpages about the visa type they will acquire.

calgaryimmigration

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
According to upenn.edu *Individuals who plan to change status to a non-immigrant category other than F or J student or dependent, should consult International Student and Scholar Services in the Office of International Programs (OIP-ISSS) and consult the relevant webpages about the visa type they will acquire.