+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Here is how the CRS will go below 400 (Updated with more graphs)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
There is a critical flaw in your logic in the last statement. You are assuming that candidates with scores below 420 are lower quality. They could be just older.
Unfortunately, the ranking system is ageist and considers youth to be a very important factor. So by that logic, a 23-year-old with a Bachelor's degree and one year of work experience is deemed "more valuable" than a 40-year-old with a Masters or PhD and 15 years of work experience. Very strange but I am sure Canada has some very good reasons for seeking a younger, more fertile immigrant population ;)

Reactions: jaybee2

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, the ranking system is ageist and considers youth to be a very important factor. So by that logic, a 23-year-old with a Bachelor's degree and one year of work experience is deemed "more valuable" than a 40-year-old with a Masters or PhD and 15 years of work experience. Very strange but I am sure Canada has some very good reasons for seeking a younger, more fertile immigrant population ;)
Yup, payroll taxes (ie CPP) and babies make younger candidates more valuable (in the literal sense of taxes paid over lifetime).

Last edited:

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Total revenue that Ontario can get from PNP is a grand total of 3 million dollars in a year. contrast this against 597 billion state GDP last year.
notion that provinces need PNP for revenue is plain bullshit.
Totally agree on this point. I always felt why people are not looking at the GDP angle of Ontario which is 600 bill and even if u consider the entire quota of 5k the revenue is around 7.5mil which is pittance. I dont think any of the provinces make money out immigration fees. May be the fee is high for reasons like high level of employment opportunities compared to other provinces. Processing cost and time

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The younger one is indeed more valuable for Canadian economy. He/she can earn a Masters or PhD in Canada and still have more working years left than the older guy.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
The younger one is indeed more valuable for Canadian economy. He/she can earn a Masters or PhD in Canada and still have more working years left than the older guy.
Yeah! No one cares about the older guy or gal being more experienced in his or her profession :(

Anyway, their country their rules!

Good luck to all the oldies out here (I'm one of you so please realise I mean it as a joke and not to give offence). ;)

Reactions: Lyssiej and roomba

Immime2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Yeah! No one cares about the older guy or gal being more experienced in his or her profession :(

Anyway, their country their rules!

Good luck to all the oldies out here (I'm one of you so please realise I mean it as a joke and not to give offence). ;)
How old are you?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Seems like there won't be any draw this week. Any guess on the cut off if there is any draw next week.

Also, do we expect high cut off in June due to rule change and inflow of fresh graduates?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More experience is seriously overrated. Anything more than 3-5 years experience doesn't add much additional value (except for medical professional and research scientists/engineers).

Immime2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Seems like there won't be any draw this week. Any guess on the cut off if there is any draw next week.

Also, do we expect high cut off in June due to rule change and inflow of fresh graduates?
If there is no draw this week, i would guess the cutoff to be around 417-419 next week. June will increase the score for sure, but I think anyone over 415 should feel very safe.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
*Copying it from Ray of Hope thread, as I feel it is also a place for this thing..

Even after June changes, the score is likely to fall and will dive under 400.
    1. Let's say people at 400 or so have siblings, they will receive 15 additional points which will put them at a position to have ITA. However, it is very likely they will already have ITA before the changes.
    2. People below 400 who will receive15 additional points, they will fall at max between 420-30, in this case, they will be flushed out right in the very next draw and pool will be back to normal.
    3. As for the francophones, I seriously doubt we have a considerable amount of such people in the pool. Let's be honest about it, most of the people in the pool are from developing countries, and most of them from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. And I seriously doubt most of them, if not all, do have any knowledge of French language.
    4. A few months ago, like 3 or 4 months, we had slightly above 52K candidates in the pool. As of April 28, we have 48K. And that includes the people who joined in between, which proves my statement that the rate of people getting out of the pool is greater than the people joining in. Hence, resulting in a significant fall in CRS and making it inevitable.
    5. Fresh graduates might join in and will be set for the very next draw since they will take high places right away in the pool. In such case, we will observe a rise in the score, just like the last draw, after which it will come back again to normal. Unless whole Canada starts joining the pool.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
The reason why Canada doesn't rely on experience folks is that the companies in Canada don't consider non-canadian work ex as much of importance. I have few friends and read in the forum as well..many folks with great education, MBA's and fine jobs were unemployed for months in Canada because they didn't have any Canadian work ex. On the other hand, freshers with few months of skills in Welding, cooking, mining etc get job right away and are eagerly welcomed under the trades program.

So if you're young and energetic, that will be a plus. Younger folks also help in populating the country far effectively than older folks who will be liability to the government in a decade or so.
It's not like they are discouraging the older folks to apply, they are just encouraging the younger folks more :)

Last edited:

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
More experience is seriously overrated. Anything more than 3-5 years experience doesn't add much additional value (except for medical professional and research scientists/engineers).
I understand your point of view, because I used to think like that many years ago.
However, I'm 31 years old now, and I have more than 10 years of experience. I can tell you, experience weights a lot, at least in management and entrepreneurship. You can read what you want and even make a Ph.D if you want to. But the practical knowledge you gaint through your professional exercise has a lot of weight. It's not the same 3 years of experience than 10 years of it. Also, at least for me, I'm way more grounded at my age than what I was 10 years ago. So you should take that into consideration as well.