+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HERE AGAIN...SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Hello all!!

It's been many years but from the bottom of my heart thank you guys for the great info. Now for the new issue...

My girlfriend's husband (inland Application) was picked up for overstaying but was released same day on cash bail. The CBSA Agent gave them 60 days for a reply on their spousal sponsorship application. It's almost the 60 days now and no update. The Agent confirmed that their application was pulled and being worked on to provide the 60days update but said he had no further info.

I mentioned to her that they would need to file a Request To Defer Removal in writing but I would like to know if there is any possible way to get a hold of the CIC office in Mississauga for an update because CIC line has no info. I am afraid that he will be removed and they will obviously lose their inland application then he is going to need a ARC etc etc...Any advice?

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently, the CBSA Administrative Deferral of Removal policy officially ended in November of 2011, but they still [sometimes] request CIC to expedite the applicant to AIP within 60 days. Since this is merely a request, CIC sometimes does it and sometimes does not.

You might have better luck dealing with CBSA directly, since they will certainly know where things stand with the applicant.

Good luck to them both!

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Ponga said:
Apparently, the CBSA Administrative Deferral of Removal policy officially ended in November of 2011, but they still [sometimes] request CIC to expedite the applicant to AIP within 60 days. Since this is merely a request, CIC sometimes does it and sometimes does not.

You might have better luck dealing with CBSA directly, since they will certainly know where things stand with the applicant.

Good luck to them both!
oh wow! Thank you. Since my post, she had called the officer for an update but he has not heard anything back but advised that at her husband's next sign in date they are going to talk about removal and that she CAN submit a Request to Defer but he will not say yes. So, my next question is the, will he make a decision even without an update from CIC?