+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helps people please !!

Christina1111

Jan 9, 2018
Hi guys, hope someone can help me today so here my story I came in Canada 10 years ago has refugee and I’m now a permanent resident. But during this period I renewed my nationality passeport and went to Algéria .. didn’t know could be a problem. Now I want to travel really soon wondering If i use my algérien passeport ? Or I apply for a travel document? because in the application for the Refugee travel document they ask if went back in my county and if I renewed my passeport ? What should o do ? Thanks in advance !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Definitely do not use your Algerian passport to travel. Get a travel document.

It's very unfortunate you renewed your Algerian passport - but there's nothing you can do about that now. Don't make the situation worse by using it to travel. And whatever you do, definitely do not travel back to Algeria.

It's possible the fact you renewed your Algerian passport could cause problems when you apply for Canadian citizenship - and even result in your PR status being revoked. There's a thread dedicated to this issue in the citizenship section of the forum here that you may want to review: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship.333455/page-13

Again, do not use your passport to travel and do not visit your home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Definitely do not use your Algerian passport to travel. Get a travel document.

It's very unfortunate you renewed your Algerian passport - but there's nothing you can do about that now. Don't make the situation worse by using it to travel. And whatever you do, definitely do not travel back to Algeria.

It's possible the fact you renewed your Algerian passport could cause problems when you apply for Canadian citizenship - and even result in your PR status being revoked. There's a thread dedicated to this issue in the citizenship section of the forum here that you may want to review: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship.333455/page-13

Again, do not use your passport to travel and do not visit your home country.
Unfortunately seems like she already traveled back to Algeria but a second trip back would be worse.

Christina1111

Jan 9, 2018
I saw a immigration lawyer he told me is no problem travelling with my nationality passeport so I’m really confuse .. since I renew my passeport I’m not admissible to refuge travel document anymore

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Not a particularly good lawyer. His advice is completely wrong. By acquiring a new passport and travelling to your home country, you risk your PR status and refugee status being revoked.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I saw a immigration lawyer he told me is no problem travelling with my nationality passeport so I’m really confuse .. since I renew my passeport I’m not admissible to refuge travel document anymore
He's wrong and obviously not a very experienced lawyer. Read through the link I provided above regarding cessation. Renewing and traveling on your national passport puts you at risk of having your PR status revoked and being ordered to leave Canada when you apply for citizenship. I missed the fact that you had also traveled back to Algeria. That now puts you at high risk of having your PR status revoked and being ordered to leave Canada when you apply for citizenship.

Do not make any further trips to Algeria. Do not use your national passport.