+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Wrong address sending Passport to Ottawa from within Canada

kinutoronto

Jun 11, 2016
Hey guys - I am in desperate need of your advice

I was so ecstatic with PPR that I accidentally sent my passport to the 'wrong' address in Ottawa. The PPR E-mail says that if one has a mailing address in Canada (which is my case) he should send the package via Canada Post to:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

However, I sent my package via Canada Post to the address recommended to the ones who have a mailing address in the US:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Has anyone been through this? Does it make a difference? Should I try to track my package and resend to the recommended address?

Many thanks in advance!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It will be received by CPC, do not worry. I've seen several instances on this forum as well who sent Canada Post to the Laurier Ave address and it was fine.

The Laurier Ave address is meant for couriers like FedEx, which cannot deliver to drop boxes like Canada Post.

My PPR letter from an outland VO instructs me to sent to Laurier Ave if I am presently in Canada. They wouldn't say this if it weren't allowed, really.

kinutoronto

Jun 11, 2016
bellaluna said:
It will be received by CPC, do not worry. I've seen several instances on this forum as well who sent Canada Post to the Laurier Ave address and it was fine.

The Laurier Ave address is meant for couriers like FedEx, which cannot deliver to drop boxes like Canada Post.

My PPR letter from an outland VO instructs me to sent to Laurier Ave if I am presently in Canada. They wouldn't say this if it weren't allowed, really.
Thanks so much - this is very helpful and puts my mind at ease!!

kinutoronto

Jun 11, 2016
bellaluna said:

One more follow up question - do you know whether there would be any impact on the processing time? I assume the answer is no... but maybe someone has experience on it?

Thanks again!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Your assumption is right.

IMO, it can be more beneficial to not use the PO box because the tracker sometimes doesn't get updated with "delivered" with batch deliveries (which I have seen reported around the forum), unlike with the courier address where a person has to receive and sign for it.

Check the "Passports sent to CPC-Ottawa" monthly threads for more info.

kinutoronto

Jun 11, 2016
bellaluna said:
Your assumption is right.

IMO, it can be more beneficial to not use the PO box because the tracker sometimes doesn't get updated with "delivered" with batch deliveries (which I have seen reported around the forum), unlike with the courier address where a person has to receive and sign for it.

Check the "Passports sent to CPC-Ottawa" monthly threads for more info.
Thanks for chiming in!! I am starting to think that this may have been a blessing in disguise...
Appreciate your help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I too will be sending my passport soon to the Laurier address, so at least you won't be the last person to do it. Simply to follow the instructions in my PPR letter--there was no PO box option. :)

kinutoronto

Jun 11, 2016
bellaluna said:
I too will be sending my passport soon to the Laurier address, so at least you won't be the last person to do it. Simply to follow the instructions in my PPR letter--there was no PO box option. :)
Ha - that's awesome!! :D Are you inland?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No, outland, but I'll be traveling to Canada for a vacation within the 30 days I can send the passport to CPC. I know this is more common for family/spousal sponsorship applications, but it's allowed for Express Entry as well, I've already seen an example here. :)

vikas2_j

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-06-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
Same case for me too, please share how long this took for your Passport arrival ?

RR001

Feb 27, 2017
Hi,
I made same mistake like you. So what solution did uou get on that time.
And waht would you like to suggest me?

thank you .

MahdiToronto

May 19, 2017
I did the same mistake!! :( can you please please let me know what happend at the end! Did you get passport back ?

I was so ecstatic with PPR that I accidentally sent my passport to the 'wrong' address in Ottawa. The PPR E-mail says that if one has a mailing address in Canada (which is my case) he should send the package via Canada Post to:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

However, I sent my package via Canada Post to the address recommended to the ones who have a mailing address in the US:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Has anyone been through this? Does it make a difference? Should I try to track my package and resend to the recommended address?

Many thanks in advance!!

MahdiToronto

May 19, 2017
Hi, what happened to you at the end? I've made the same mostale and jist realized a day after they have received my passport.

Hi,
I made same mistake like you. So what solution did uou get on that time.
And waht would you like to suggest me?

thank you .

MahdiToronto

May 19, 2017
Well nobody answered my questions, so here's what happened:

Nothing... you'll get your passport with no delay because of this mistake. I got mine back in 12 days. So there is no difference between the two addresses as long as you live in Canada, both work just the same.

Good luck everyone,

Jays_P

Feb 12, 2017

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Many thanks in advance!!
Bro what happened after that?
Because I also accidentally sent to wrong address. Did you get your passport within normal time or there was any problem??

Thank you in advance.