+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with my in person Canada application for protected person

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
Hello.
Please I need a help completing the non accompanying parent form. i received a mail yesterday requesting declaration of non accompanying parent form. ihave my baby in the US, I was never married to the father and the father ran away even before the delivery of the baby. I have only my name on the birth certificate of the child..
How will I go about the form...

Also surprisingly I received a mail today without sending the declaration of non accompanying form.. I will paste it below.. please what do I need to do.

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to: • Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada; • Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connect with employers; and • Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada. Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello.
Please I need a help completing the non accompanying parent form. i received a mail yesterday requesting declaration of non accompanying parent form. ihave my baby in the US, I was never married to the father and the father ran away even before the delivery of the baby. I have only my name on the birth certificate of the child..
How will I go about the form...

Also surprisingly I received a mail today without sending the declaration of non accompanying form.. I will paste it below.. please what do I need to do.

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to: • Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada; • Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connect with employers; and • Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada. Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.
For first question: I assume you have sole custody of the child, you can sign authorization letter and include custody papers
Second question: They are finalizing your application for Permanent Residence first, then they'll move to your child application as dependant. Pre-arrival is one step closer to finalization

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
Thank you.

I prepared a letter of explanation and attached the birth certificate to it.

see the letter below.. Will it be sufficient?

I am writing this letter to provide explanation in respect to the mail received for Non accompany Parent/Guardian of my son
I don't know the whereabout of the father since he got me impregnated.
The Man ran away and left me after he realized I was pregnant and sick. I have never seen him since then and he was not available even during the delivery of my son
his birth certificate indicates that I am the mum and no father cos he's nowhere to be found and so there is nobody to simpleton the declaration of Non accompany parent/guardian.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you.

I am writing this letter to provide explanation in respect to the mail received for Non accompany Parent/Guardian of my son
The Man ran away and left me after he realized I was pregnant and sick. I have never seen him since then and he was not available even during the delivery of my son
his birth certificate indicates that I am the mum and no father cos he's nowhere to be found and so there is nobody to simpleton the declaration of Non accompany parent/guardian.
In my opinion, Immigration officer wants to have legal documents, to avoid delays in processing your child application. I assume your baby is in US and you are in Canada, if that is the case, then you should work with the Lawyer in State to provide legal documents. They may relying on your story, but it is legal compliance to avoid any chance of child being trafficked.. ( Not in your case though, dont get me wrong ).

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
Thank you.
My baby is here with me in Canada. We applied for asylum with him but his asylum was denied so I filed for him when I applied for my PR.
I came with him from US to Canada

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you.
My baby is here with me in Canada. We applied for asylum with him but his asylum was denied so I filed for him when I applied for my PR.
I came with him from US to Canada
Perfect, May be proceed with the explanation and see how processing officer will respond. But I advise consulting Immigration Lawyer as well

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
I got married to someone else in Canada.

Can my husband here fill and sign the declaration of Non accompanying parent form?

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Ok.. Thanks for all the information
hello sis!

to avoid any unnecessary delay, please consult an immigration lawyer for legal advice on this issue. Also, make sure you notarize the letter you intend to send to immigration and do not forget to include a copy of your child’s birth certificate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.

Agree that you should be hiring a lawyer to help you with them. IRCC will likely require you to have proof that you have attempted to try and find the father, that you have primary custody of the child which will involve trying to locate the father, etc. A letter alone is not enough you need to have more formal proof that you have attempted to find the father and that you have primary custody of the child. It is in your best interest to try and locate the father yourself if you know his name or know people that may know him. Much less expensive that way. If you find him and he is willing to give you full custody or relinquish his parental rights you can arrange and pay for a lawyer in the US to draw up the paperwork. A DNA test will likely be required that you’ll need to pay for as well. This issue is likely to come up again and again so it would be much better to resolve the custody issue no matter what or the man can relinquish his parental rights as well although that is usually the last resort because could cause even more abandonment issues for the child.