+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help...Understanding online status

Deadgoon

Dec 9, 2015
Hi All,

My PR expired June 18th, I submitted my renewal application end of May.

When I log onto my account it shows one record

Application type / Permanent Resident Card
Application number / this is the same as my original PR app
Date Submitted / 23rd June (which incidentally is the day I linked my account)
Current status / Submitted

When I click into my full application status it brings up my 2015 application with the status approved.

Any thoughts on this, have they received and submitted my renewal application or not?

We have plan to travel abroad in Dec and i'm getting a little worried given the processing times at the moment.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You are still a PR even if you have an expired PR card. If you have not met the residency obligation do not leave Canada until you are in compliance. Otherwise you can apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada to travel back without a PR card but it is easier to wait until you have a new card before travelling.

If it says your application is submitted, then you can assume they have received it.

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi All,

My PR expired June 18th, I submitted my renewal application end of May.

When I log onto my account it shows one record

Application type / Permanent Resident Card
Application number / this is the same as my original PR app
Date Submitted / 23rd June (which incidentally is the day I linked my account)
Current status / Submitted

When I click into my full application status it brings up my 2015 application with the status approved.

Any thoughts on this, have they received and submitted my renewal application or not?

We have plan to travel abroad in Dec and i'm getting a little worried given the processing times at the moment.
I am in the same situation. I applied for citizenship and because i am travelling soon, i also applied to renew my PR. I was adviced by CIC it will take months due to covid delay. Therefore, leave with expired PR and to apply for PRTD to return to Canada.