+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Travel Advice for International Student

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Sorry I may not have been clear, the airlines are checking with Canadian consulate/immigration at the airport if they have any doubts whether the person ia able to board.

Yes getting a flight can be difficult.
Thank you very much for your reply and advice!

Yes yes, I understand that airlines are checking before allowing boarding at the airport.

But I satisfy all the conditions currently, as given on IRCC website.

My fall term is online - the issue is that airlines seem to deny boarding ONLY BECAUSE the student has online courses, even if the student otherwise meets all criteria for entry.

But IRCC website doesn't seem to say anything about a bar on entry only because of online courses.

This is due to airlines not understanding the rules, in addition to flights not being available easily.

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Many airlines are checking with Canada on the spot. I would also carry a print out of the latest travel rules and have it bookmarked on my phone for extra proof. In terms of quarantine you will need your own apartment or selfcontained unit in a home unless your family member is also able to remain quarantined inside for 2 weeks. Assume you have deferred admission until September.
Hi! The thing is its not happening with one person. High Commission of Canada, New Delhi said students need an essential reason to travel but IRCC hasn't updated their website. Its been a week since High Commission said so on their Facebook FAQ. This is so misleading on part of IRCC. I know students who booked flights costing $3000 and now cannot get a refund because they were denied boarding according to High commission statements and CBSA as per flight officials.

Reactions: GradStudent18

Shubhp19

May 24, 2019
I have done my two semester in canada and i will do my third semester in India this fall. will i be able to come back to canada for 4 semester. As right now living in canada with no jobs is tough. A normal and limited expense would cost around 1000 dollars.
Please help me with this

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have done my two semester in canada and i will do my third semester in India this fall. will i be able to come back to canada for 4 semester. As right now living in canada with no jobs is tough. A normal and limited expense would cost around 1000 dollars.
Please help me with this
Yes you can study from home country and come back in next semester.

Shubhp19

May 24, 2019
Is it good to go back to india right now as its tough here as no jobs here in canada now and fall semester is also online. And it cost around 1000 dollar for month here.
Please give your views.