+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Travel Advice for International Student

Harshavardhancan

Dec 10, 2019
I have a study permit visa which was approved before March 18 and admitted into University for May intake.
Could you please let me know whether I can travel to Canada as Air india is running evacuation flights to canada.
Am totally confused whether travel to Canada or stay back in India and attend online classes

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
I have a study permit visa which was approved before March 18 and admitted into University for May intake.
Could you please let me know whether I can travel to Canada as Air india is running evacuation flights to canada.
Am totally confused whether travel to Canada or stay back in India and attend online classes
Stay in india, and take online classes for now. Save money. Whats the point of going now. There are no jobs.
Do you want to stay in basement and take online classes and spend 1000 CAD every month for rent, food, etc then go ahead take a flight tomorrow.

Harshavardhancan

Dec 10, 2019
Thanks for your advice. But I don't have problem for stay and food as my sister is over there. Just wanted to know whether I will be allowed into Canada or not.

As per current situations in India we are not sure what will happen in future

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for your advice. But I don't have problem for stay and food as my sister is over there. Just wanted to know whether I will be allowed into Canada or not.

As per current situations in India we are not sure what will happen in future
Yes you are allowed as long your visa was approved before March 18th and you currently enrolled in May intake.

Harshavardhancan

Dec 10, 2019
Do you know any student who entered canada in this lockdown period from India.
May I know what type of immigration question will be posed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you know any student who entered canada in this lockdown period from India.
May I know what type of immigration question will be posed
Right now you would need to quarantine for 14 days - meaning you would have to go to the place where you will be living in Canada and then not leave the apartment or house for 2 weeks straight. They will ask you what plans you have in place to meet these quarantine requirements.

Harshavardhancan

Dec 10, 2019
Right now i have my cousin who stays in Montreal and I can go to thier place and quarantine for 14 days and after quarantine I can go back to my university place Vancouver

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
A friend was told about not traveling to Canada by CBSA if classes are online. I recommend the ones who have Booked their tickets to confirm it themselves by calling CBSA. This applies to first time fliers. Verify it again if anyone needs to and reply back if some other info is received.

Reactions: GradStudent18

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020

So someone received this email on twitter. This falls in line with what some students have experienced with having their boarding denied. If true, IRCC didn't communicate with students atm. Maybe they will. Highly disappointed personally as a student waiting to go for Fall as most classes are being online. Few students will be able if they can prove their in person classes have started.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019

So someone received this email on twitter. This falls in line with what some students have experienced with having their boarding denied. If true, IRCC didn't communicate with students atm. Maybe they will. Highly disappointed personally as a student waiting to go for Fall as most classes are being online. Few students will be able if they can prove their in person classes have started.

Exactly! That's so true! Few, if at all any, will be able to prove that their study is in-person.

What do they want to do by adding this clause in emails to specific queries instead of putting this directly on the website? They can just say that all students with online classes won't be allowed. We can at least then move on and make adjustments to our planning accordingly. This uncertainty and stress is not at all good.

Plus the airlines who don't understand the rules even if IRCC is ready to allow students!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly! That's so true! Few, if at all any, will be able to prove that their study is in-person.

What do they want to do by adding this clause in emails to specific queries instead of putting this directly on the website? They can just say that all students with online classes won't be allowed. We can at least then move on and make adjustments to our planning accordingly. This uncertainty and stress is not at all good.

Plus the airlines who don't understand the rules even if IRCC is ready to allow students!
Many airlines are checking with Canada on the spot. I would also carry a print out of the latest travel rules and have it bookmarked on my phone for extra proof. In terms of quarantine you will need your own apartment or selfcontained unit in a home unless your family member is also able to remain quarantined inside for 2 weeks. Assume you have deferred admission until September.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Many airlines are checking with Canada on the spot. I would also carry a print out of the latest travel rules and have it bookmarked on my phone for extra proof. In terms of quarantine you will need your own apartment or selfcontained unit in a home unless your family member is also able to remain quarantined inside for 2 weeks. Assume you have deferred admission until September.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Thank you also for the part about printing out the rules and bookmarking them on the phone.

I don't know anyone in Canada, and definitely don't have family or friends there.

Before the quarantine part, there are questions and uncertainties about whether or not boarding and entry will be allowed, even though I am exempt according to current rules.

The issue is with the airlines - there are hardly any that are even flying, and yet and still, there are international students from different countries who are travelling and entering.

I guess the issue is with flights, except those of Air India, not operating from my country. Even then, the airline doesn't seem to understand the exemption rules.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Thank you also for the part about printing out the rules and bookmarking them on the phone.

I don't know anyone in Canada, and definitely don't have family or friends there.

Before the quarantine part, there are questions and uncertainties about whether or not boarding and entry will be allowed, even though I am exempt according to current rules.

The issue is with the airlines - there are hardly any that are even flying, and yet and still, there are international students from different countries who are travelling and entering.

I guess the issue is with flights, except those of Air India, not operating from my country. Even then, the airline doesn't seem to understand the exemption rules.
Sorry I may not have been clear, the airlines are checking with Canadian consulate/immigration at the airport if they have any doubts whether the person ia able to board.

Yes getting a flight can be difficult.