+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help : Right of Permanent Residence Fees

ku2007

Jul 5, 2007
Hi,
I need your help. My wife and I applied for PR. We got a medical request which means we are near. I said ok I will pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fees so I do not waste more additional time in corresponding to request to pay it and then send the money and wait again..,etc. I am in Canada and my PR application was sent to Buffalo.

Can you please help me in these two matters ?
1- I should send them 490 CAD * 2 (me and my wife) = $980. Correct?
2- I should go to the bank and then make a money order payable to "CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL". I need to send the money order to Buffalo Consulate.

Why I am asking :

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/rightnav/fees-en.asp

I am confused by this statement :
Please note: All fees for Family Class applicants must be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario using an official fee receipt (IMM5401)

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Can't tell whether you are both applying for PR and just happen to be staying in Canada, or if your wife is Canadian and is sponsoring you.

ku2007

Jul 5, 2007
thaiguy said:
Can't tell whether you are both applying for PR and just happen to be staying in Canada, or if your wife is Canadian and is sponsoring you.
Both of us are working in Canada with foreign work permits. We are non canadians. We are applying in the skilled worker class.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Ok.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

If you go to the Buffalo website, you'll see where it says they do not accept receipts for fees paid in Canada. It may seem like your wife is family class, but in truth you are both considered to be under a skilled worker application.

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/rightnav/fees-en.asp

Since you're "not wasting time," go ahead and get your police certificates done (if you haven't already). They'll be requested at the same time as your Right of Permanent Residence fees.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
i think you will pay only 490$ RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE ( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE or i can confirm you after monday because i am going to submit my fee in embassy on monday and better wait little you will receive letter from immigration department after your medical then you can pay this fee , while you are in canada you shouldnt be in hurry as you dont have to take plane :) after medical they take maximum 1 or 2 months ,