+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP..!! RESTRICTION ON WORK PERMIT

JenTyA

Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone..!

I have been reading online and came across these threads, seems you guys know a lot about immigration information... hope someone can help me out...
I recently received my post graduate work permit....on it there is a restriction...stating that I can't teach, work with children and health service... This is is field in which i am qualified to work...
I called cic and they stated that I need to do medical and resubmit the application by paper... This i now will take a long time...
I don't have that time as I have just lost my grandmother and would love to attend her funeral...I spoke to the person that advise students at my school who advice me to fix work permit before applying for the TRV so i can reenter the country if i go to the funeral.

Ive seen online that one person went to the pearson airport and had the restriction removed in 15 mins..Does anyone know about this process...? how it works...what would I need..?
I will get the result for the medical next week and would love to fix the permit so I can apply for the TRV and attend my grandmother's funeral....

Another way was flagpoling...which someone said can't be done as they don't process the person that require a medical at the boarder....dont really understand the flag poling either...

Please if anyone can give step by step explanation that can help..I would truly appreciate it..!!!

Thanks guys!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You really have two ways to adjust your work permit. One way is to apply for a change of conditions after you complete the medical. I would expect it will take a couple of months to process this change. The other way is to take the medical, wait three weeks and then flagpole to adjust your work permit. This is faster.

You don't need to change your work permit first before applying for the TRV. You can apply for the TRV now.

JenTyA

Aug 18, 2017
You really have two ways to adjust your work permit. One way is to apply for a change of conditions after you complete the medical. I would expect it will take a couple of months to process this change. The other way is to take the medical, wait three weeks and then flagpole to adjust your work permit. This is faster.

You don't need to change your work permit first before applying for the TRV. You can apply for the TRV now.

Thank you for responding....
So notice you didn't mention going to the airport.. does that mean thats not an option..?
For the TRV... it asked about a medical.. I don't yet have the medical
Can you say which documents i should use to apply for the TRV..wondering why the consultant at school told me to wait until after I fix the permit.

Waiting on the results of the medical...did the tests already

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for responding....
So notice you didn't mention going to the airport.. does that mean thats not an option..?
For the TRV... it asked about a medical.. I don't yet have the medical
Can you say which documents i should use to apply for the TRV..wondering why the consultant at school told me to wait until after I fix the permit.

Waiting on the results of the medical...did the tests already
The airport is only an option if you are arriving in Canada on an international flight.

I would follow the instructions on the CIC web site when it comes to applying for the TRV. I have no idea why the consultants told you to wait.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
You have a valid work permit currently!!! So use that to apply for TRV. After you send it off email them that you have an emergency death in your family,ie, grandmother.

My grandmother died last October and they send the passport a visa in a day or two. I emailed CPC Ottawa and they were awesome!!!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Go to your grandmother funeral when you are coming back carry copy death certificate. Remember TRV will be valid cos its a multiple entry visa in your passport. When you return do the corrections on the postgrad work permit.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
If you have a permit with the intent to file for Pr under certain classes you might have to consider timelines. Even so when you do medical and resubmit for a work permit that will take months

JenTyA

Aug 18, 2017
The airport is only an option if you are arriving in Canada on an international flight.

I would follow the instructions on the CIC web site when it comes to applying for the TRV. I have no idea why the consultants told you to wait.
You have a valid work permit currently!!! So use that to apply for TRV. After you send it off email them that you have an emergency death in your family,ie, grandmother.

My grandmother died last October and they send the passport a visa in a day or two. I emailed CPC Ottawa and they were awesome!!!

ok I will try that

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Okay. Apply for the TRV with that work permit. Because they would never tell you to stay and sort out work permit and you have a death in your family.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Maybe it is possible to submit the paper application and let that process. Remember they will not get to that application until months down the line

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
So Call back the CIC Monday and tell them if you apply for a TRV with this current WP so you can go to your grandmothers funeral. And in the mean time send off for the new work permit will that be okay. Considering your circumstances i am confident that they will do right by you

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017

Some of these consultants sorry dont have any common sense. One told me to go to my home country to extend my work permit because i was waiting on my LMia. When i call CIC the lady says dont go home to your country send the WP application without it because they open your application in 2 or 3month and by that time the LMIA would come through. And one month after I applied the Lmia came through. I would have gone back to my home country and get stuck for 1 year!!!!!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
So JENTYA your case is simple:
1. Apply for your TRV with current WP
2. Notify CiC of your grandmother death
3. Ask if you can start Application for New WP now...they wont get to your PAPER application until 2/3 month from now

Furthermore your current WP is valid its just that they contain restriction and in order to remove them you have to do a medical for caring for Children.

Good Luck My dear let me know how Monday goes when you call CIC!!!!