04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
Recently i moved to USA to work on TN visa and i am Canadian citizen. To be considered as non resident from Taxes perspective, as per CRA website i shouldn't have any strong ties to Canada. i am not holding any property in canada, but i do have funds in my Canadian bank account. As per tax consultant, i should not have any money in my accounts as well. I checked with the bank in USA where i have account, they said they will inform IRS if they see any transfer more than 10K. will i be taxed by IRS for the money i am planning to transfer? My Canadian bank account has savings from all these years. after few years working in USA i will be moved back to canada and again i need to transfer money back to canada, if so, will CRA ask me to pay tax on that?
not sure what to do. appreciate if any can advise.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi,
Recently i moved to USA to work on TN visa and i am Canadian citizen. To be considered as non resident from Taxes perspective, as per CRA website i shouldn't have any strong ties to Canada. i am not holding any property in canada, but i do have funds in my Canadian bank account. As per tax consultant, i should not have any money in my accounts as well. I checked with the bank in USA where i have account, they said they will inform IRS if they see any transfer more than 10K. will i be taxed by IRS for the money i am planning to transfer? My Canadian bank account has savings from all these years. after few years working in USA i will be moved back to canada and again i need to transfer money back to canada, if so, will CRA ask me to pay tax on that?
not sure what to do. appreciate if any can advise.
Having money in bank account alone does not make you tax resident of canada. Ao ditch that tax consultant you should see the link below and send CRA the NR74 given in link to be sure about your residency status

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Having money in bank account alone does not make you tax resident of canada. Ao ditch that tax consultant you should see the link below and send CRA the NR74 given in link to be sure about your residency status
can you please share that link to me