+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding study visa

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Can anyone tell me about what documents are required for filing a study permit application under general category? Are there chances of denial if not filed under SPP or is it just the processing time and documents required differ?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is always a chance you will be refused no matter how you apply. Information about what documents are required can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
SPP can be applied only if applying to certain colleges(partner institutions) lost can be found on CIC website.
It does not matter if you apply spp or general as long as your paperwork is strong.

List of documents required is at the following link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

SPP info is at the below link.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng

Let me know if you need any other help.

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Thank you both of you.

Coolraman, I am actually confused with what additional documents would be required for a general visa. The only additional document I believe is that while in SPP, you give a bank loan as proof of funds, for general we need to submit the details of the sponsor. But I am not sure what all are required from the sponsor's end. My education will be sponsored by my uncle, hence I am confused about the documents.

I would be glad if you could clarify the doubt. I have a checklist but unable to post the link here. It is a PDF I had downloaded from cic website.

Anything important which has to be kept in mind, other than the mentioned, please let me know.

Thank you again ! :)

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
priyanka93 said:
Thank you both of you.

Coolraman, I am actually confused with what additional documents would be required for a general visa. The only additional document I believe is that while in SPP, you give a bank loan as proof of funds, for general we need to submit the details of the sponsor. But I am not sure what all are required from the sponsor's end. My education will be sponsored by my uncle, hence I am confused about the documents.

I would be glad if you could clarify the doubt. I have a checklist but unable to post the link here. It is a PDF I had downloaded from cic website.

Anything important which has to be kept in mind, other than the mentioned, please let me know.

Thank you again ! :)

I'm in the same process of applying visa under general category. I can send you the check list which my consultant has given to me