Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014 soon .... :p
Hii there
I am in a bit of confusion here .... hope someone helps
Myself b.tech in civil with 70% and a 2014 passout. First I had nothing in mind what to do next but than made up mind to do master's from canada bcoz jobs nd all that is rlly dffct these days in india even after good degree. So checked on some canadian uni' s but got to know that deadlines were all over even for jan intake... well had never searched for that before.
So had a little of tensed and worried situation as my parents dint wanted to see me idle and asked me to decide fast for further do studies or just settle for good for nothing job here.
Than searched here and there nd was only left with college option in jan intake. Now opted for humber post grad. cert. In project management in jan 2015 and waiting for visa now.
Coming to the very main ques now is that... masters??? ... is it possible after my pg certificate as my course is only of eight months i.e till august and if i want to do masters soon after that ...is it possible???... will i be thn applying as domestic or international.... if international than do i have to apply now only as deadlines are near end for most uni. for sept intake.... further if i apply afterwards also after reaching canada for any uni whose deadline is not over... will they still be considering my bachelors in india for admission or my pg cert done in canada.... as, if they consider my bachelors than i guess i need to have in hand lot of documents for considering my admissin like l.o.r, offcl transcript etc. ..... also if they consider my pg cert. than how will i show my final result to them as my course is completing in august and i will be opting for september intake soon after that...
Guys really worried as i dont want to waste my work permit also which is said to be issued only once after the completion of education in canada & since my course is only of 8 month I will be getting only 8 month of work permit which is too less. And i want to do masters... like hell

So PLEASE PLEASE helP!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sure - you can certainly try appling for a Masters program after you complete your college course. You will still be an international student. They will look at your Bachelor degree for admission.

Yes - you can only apply for the post graduate work permit once. So if you are going to take a Masters, you should wait until after you have completed the Masters to apply for the PGWP.

ck_aran

Nov 12, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2014
LANDED..........
scylla said:
Sure - you can certainly try appling for a Masters program after you complete your college course. You will still be an international student. They will look at your Bachelor degree for admission.

Yes - you can only apply for the post graduate work permit once. So if you are going to take a Masters, you should wait until after you have completed the Masters to apply for the PGWP.
thanks scylla for the reply
so being said i have to apply as international.... so what about deadlines for sept 2015... shall i apply now only for masters if they just have to consider my bachelors for an admission... you asked to apply after my course completes.... but how come i can apply just after august 2015 for sept 2015 intake....do i need to apply now only so that i am left with some choice to choose from after my course in canada
also my agent said to do another pg certificate course in extension to this one to make it 1+1 for a 3 year work permit...but i think it unnecessary and wastage of money and time of parents nd me since the ultimate goal is just doing the masters.

ck_aran

Nov 12, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2014
LANDED..........

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even I did btech civil with 70% marks . But I planned for canada when I was in 7th semester. Now I m going to attend university of Manitoba for M.Eng in civil engineering. I suggest you to apply for september 2015 intake for masters only. Till then do anything worthy in India only like some sort of training or find a job! Just for 1 year i.e till sept 2015.
Your agent will try to convince you to go for a pg diploma since they get good commisions from colleges. I have heard that getting job after pg diploma ia not easy but it is easy to find a job after masters.
You can get admission in following universities:-
University of Guelph (M.Eng in Environmental Engineering )
Univ of Windsor
Univ of Manitoba
Ryerson, you can try
Univ of Western ontario
Lot more universities are there in which you can try.
For more information about getting admission in Universities where you need a supervisor , you can contact me for the process, I can help you. PM me for that

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding fees and deadline-
Apply for sept 2015 intake late to late in January .
Get your transcripts and other documents ready!
Fees of Universities in ontario is more than that of other provincea like Manitoba, Saskatchwan, Alberta
In ontario, You will have to pay around 20 lack for two years (for M.Eng) unless you get some scholarship.
University of Manitoba's fees is lesser. Its around 7-8 lack for 2 years (For M.Eng).
In M.S you get funding for research, so fees is less for doing M.S but getting admission in M.S is difficult. Your marks are not so good for getting admission in M.S
So try for M.Eng

ck_aran

Nov 12, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2014
LANDED..........
simrat0721 said:
Even I did btech civil with 70% marks . But I planned for canada when I was in 7th semester. Now I m going to attend university of Manitoba for M.Eng in civil engineering. I suggest you to apply for september 2015 intake for masters only. Till then do anything worthy in India only like some sort of training or find a job! Just for 1 year i.e till sept 2015.
Your agent will try to convince you to go for a pg diploma since they get good commisions from colleges. I have heard that getting job after pg diploma ia not easy but it is easy to find a job after masters.
You can get admission in following universities:-
University of Guelph (M.Eng in Environmental Engineering )
Univ of Windsor
Univ of Manitoba
Ryerson, you can try
Univ of Western ontario
Lot more universities are there in which you can try.
For more information about getting admission in Universities where you need a supervisor , you can contact me for the process, I can help you. PM me for that
thanks for the reply...
I know i should had waited but i guess nothing is possible now since i already made payments both for GIC and college fees and visa too since i already got in my agents' nest.... so all this was necessary to ask because i can still do masters after my pg course but i need to apply for it now only .... thanks for suggesting all these uni's and i will be applying for these in coming days from India only ... and any further questions i will dn shoot at u :D

ck_aran

Nov 12, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2014
LANDED..........
simrat0721 said:
Regarding fees and deadline-
Apply for sept 2015 intake late to late in January .
Get your transcripts and other documents ready!
Fees of Universities in ontario is more than that of other provincea like Manitoba, Saskatchwan, Alberta
In ontario, You will have to pay around 20 lack for two years (for M.Eng) unless you get some scholarship.
University of Manitoba's fees is lesser. Its around 7-8 lack for 2 years (For M.Eng).
In M.S you get funding for research, so fees is less for doing M.S but getting admission in M.S is difficult. Your marks are not so good for getting admission in M.S
So try for M.Eng
last to last in jan is good option... i have already collected the docs like lor from my college and only transcripts are remaining from university nd will get them soon... I guess i have almost all the other docs ready and just need to pay application fee....
yup i was also earlier thinking of applying to manitoba but u made it definite now.... i am also hoping to apply for MS in uni of regina but in manitoba i will be applying only for m.eng

Rakumates

Jun 28, 2015
simrat0721 said:
All the best bro

[Hi friend,

Please help me out with this.

Im a masters holder in Mechanical ( manufacturing Engineering) from India with 79%. I would like to do MEng in Mechanica in canada. my query is
1. Is it possible to get admission for second masters in university?
2. If yes, Which will consider as priority for admission Bachelor or Master? I have less scores in Bachelors with backlogs.
3. Is there any chance for visa rejection from the visa officers for taking admission for second masters in Canadian universities

Kindly reply pls..]