+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding change of status during Express Entry PR process

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
mvd said:
Subsequent to the discussion on status change, once married, does the additional POF have to be in the name of principal applicant or it can be in the name of Spouse?

Thanks
I am not 100% sure but I think it cud be in the name of spouse but u hv to hv an affidavit of financial support I guess.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Definitely possible.

The crucial thing here is the time you get married. If you get married BEFORE you submit the post ITA application, you will have to include your spouse in that application and your points will be recalculated as mentioned by JoacRY leading to a refusal if your recalculated score falls below that draw's cutoff score. If you get married AFTER you submit the post ITA application but BEFORE decision is made in your case, your spouse will be added to your application without points being recalculated and they will get PR along with you if a positive decision is made on your application. Of course, you will have to show more POF (unless you're invited under CEC or have an LMIA supported job) and your spouse will have to undergo medicals and provide PCC(s).
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for. Just two additional queries on your comments above Asivad Anac:

1. How much further time (on average), until a positive decision on your application along with your new spouse is made, does this change of status (due to marriage) cause you to wait for your PR from the point when you communicate this to the CIC?

2. Additional proof of funds - if you are able to acquire the additional funds (through salary, other income etc.) however, this additional amount are recent savings and not part of the last 6 months average balance you have maintained in your account, does CIC raise issues on this?

Thanks!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mubzali said:
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for. Just two additional queries on your comments above Asivad Anac:

1. How much further time (on average), until a positive decision on your application along with your new spouse is made, does this change of status (due to marriage) cause you to wait for your PR from the point when you communicate this to the CIC?

2. Additional proof of funds - if you are able to acquire the additional funds (through salary, other income etc.) however, this additional amount are recent savings and not part of the last 6 months average balance you have maintained in your account, does CIC raise issues on this?

Thanks!
Replied here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/change-of-status-during-express-entry-pr-process-t440930.0.html

madhukar0807

Oct 24, 2016
This is same info which i was searching for, so the conclusion is Submit the POST ITA application and then get married. Inform the CIC with CSE of status change which DOES NOT considered as Misrepresentation. Correct?

Subsequent questions,
1 ) Any document which i should upload while im creating CSE detailed email informing CIC that my status have changes from single to married?
2 ) what are all the documents from my wife side if i decides to take this path?
3 ) How much POF do i need to show as a PA in this case?

Please Help !

ccnmi

Jun 11, 2017
Hi there, I got ITA and after ITA but before eAPR I get married, my new CRS score drops about 12 points but still way above the ITA minimum point for that draw. Do I just proceed with application or I must notify CIC. The application seems to allow me to state that I am married ...etc so my assumption is that CIC will automatically take care of this. Advice please thanks a lot!!!!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi there, I got ITA and after ITA but before eAPR I get married, my new CRS score drops about 12 points but still way above the ITA minimum point for that draw. Do I just proceed with application or I must notify CIC. The application seems to allow me to state that I am married ...etc so my assumption is that CIC will automatically take care of this. Advice please thanks a lot!!!!
You have still not submitted your profile post ITA so you will be updating all your info like marital status etc to the existing one. And also you will be submitting your supporting documents for that. So I dont think you need to do anything extra to inform CIC about it. Your profile itself will say it all!

The only problem in your case could have been if your points were falling below the Min ITA cut off in which you were selected. But since you are saying you will stay above it even when CIC re-calculates...I see no problem. Just go ahead.

Reactions: iamxty and ccnmi

ccnmi

Jun 11, 2017
Thank you for very to the point advice!

You have still not submitted your profile post ITA so you will be updating all your info like marital status etc to the existing one. And also you will be submitting your supporting documents for that. So I dont think you need to do anything extra to inform CIC about it. Your profile itself will say it all!

The only problem in your case could have been if your points were falling below the Min ITA cut off in which you were selected. But since you are saying you will stay above it even when CIC re-calculates...I see no problem. Just go ahead.
nk you

jkb2017

Jul 13, 2017
Hi, I have a question on behalf of my friend. She has a masters degree from Canada and her spouse is a college dropout, so his highest level of education is a high school diploma. They both plan to apply for the express entry with the wife as the primary applicant. So the question is, will the husband's level of education affect their chances of getting ITA or PR?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi, I have a question on behalf of my friend. She has a masters degree from Canada and her spouse is a college dropout, so his highest level of education is a high school diploma. They both plan to apply for the express entry with the wife as the primary applicant. So the question is, will the husband's level of education affect their chances of getting ITA or PR?
NO

Siele

Sep 4, 2017
@One_Topsy Dear One_Topsy and possibly other experts unknown to me

I received ITA. Now I wanna do the below changes, prior to submitting APR, which I believe will not affect my score but i am not sure if they will affect my application negatively otherwise:

- NOC for one of my jobs (nor primary): from skill type 0 to a skill type A or B NOC
-Funds: from CAD 30,000 (in EE file) to CAD 20,000 (in application), still covers the required amount (single applicant)

what are your views on that? Do I have to 'freeze the information' based on which i received ITA even if the updates will not lower the score?

thanks in advance

yuding

May 30, 2017
Thanks to all experts for those comprehensive and solid proof of your thoughts. This is what I desperately need for the last several months. Now, I understood, after changing the summit of e-ARP before the final decision, I can add my spouse to my application while this does not affect my score. Thank you very much!