+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding change of status during Express Entry PR process

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjs said:
Please share relevant link for this. This might be misleading.
Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted

To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless

the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.

For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs CIC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.

If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs CIC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, t

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Reactions: KabirMoho and DiNaV

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
cjs said:
Please share relevant link for this. This might be misleading.
Are you doubting the legendary Asivad Anac? :)
Anyway read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
"Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted"

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
That is what i am saying. Application can not be refused but spouse can also not be added in same application because application is being processed for single person.
Spouse will have to go through family PR.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
cjs said:
That is what i am saying. Application can not be refused but spouse can also not be added in same application because application is being processed for single person.
"Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status."
Read the page completely.

Reactions: yuding

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjs said:
Incorrect. A spouse acquired (for lack of a better term) after submitting post ITA application and before having decision made on the application can be added to the existing application. No need for sponsorship via family class.

Reactions: yuding

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
This means if someone is sitting at 413 applied as married but spouse not accompanying. Gets nominated by PNP, socre increases to 1013 and before applying for PR changes spouse status to accompanying. by doing so lets say his score decreases to 1003 or 993 but it is still above cut off. will that be valid ? will it not be misrepresentation because while entering in EE and applying for PNP family was not accompanying but after getting nominated he gets to know that he has enough points, and adds his family members. is not this some kind of spoofed up thing in the system ?

I think there might be some catch to all these scenarios. people can misuse all these things otherwise ..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjs said:
This means if someone is sitting at 413 applied as married but spouse not accompanying. Gets nominated by PNP, socre increases to 1013 and before applying for PR changes spouse status to accompanying. by doing so lets say his score decreases to 1003 or 993 but it is still above cut off. will that be valid ? will it not be misrepresentation because while entering in EE and applying for PNP family was not accompanying but after getting nominated he gets to know that he has enough points, and adds his family members. is not this some kind of spoofed up thing in the system ?

I think there might be some catch to all these scenarios. people can misuse all these things otherwise ..
Wrong example. And that is definitely misrepresentation.

The context we're discussing is where a single applicant gets married AFTER submitting post ITA application and BEFORE a decision is made on their application.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
But my concern is that how can spouse get PR if her points are not considered, either spouse should be asked to get ECA done and take IELTS. otherwise this is kind of spoofed up system.. is not it ?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
cjs said:
But my concern is that how can spouse get PR if her points are not considered, either spouse should be asked to get ECA done and take IELTS. otherwise this is kind of spoofed up system.. is not it ?
It is not. The applicant's information was VALID as at the time of the eAPR. CIC cannot control when you get married. What they check is POF, criminality and medicals for your spouse.
It is a different case if you are married and you don't disclose it to CIC or if you declare your spouse as non accompanying.
Those are the rules as laid out by CIC

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
It's the same with Age. They don't penalize you for getting older after your eAPR. So you don't loose points for age while your eAPR is being processed.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
It's the same with Age. They don't penalize you for getting older after your eAPR. So you don't loose points for age while your eAPR is being processed.
Little remark. Losing points caused by age does not matter after ITA. If you get older after ITA but before eAPR you will not be refused.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Russian said:
Little remark. Losing points caused by age does not matter after ITA. If you get older after ITA but before eAPR you will not be refused.
Yes, you're right. For age, it's locked once you get ITA

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Thank u all of u for ur valuable feedback.
My situation is definitely confusing. But thanks to Asivad Anac, he completely understood my situation. I'm single right now and planning to get married later on, but before my marriage I am most likely gonna get an ITA and will apply for eAPR. So marriage will be happening after I will submit the eAPR. And that's what my concern was that whether I could add my spouse later on. I will have sufficient POF, medicals and PCC. So, I was just wonderingin this case will my spouse get the PR along with me or not.
Thanks to all ur responses and especially Asivad Anac. I have a clear idea now of this situation.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subsequent to the discussion on status change, once married, does the additional POF have to be in the name of principal applicant or it can be in the name of Spouse?

Thanks

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,
I submitted my file under Express Entry on Sept 1, 2015 and instantly received the AOR. I qualified on the basis of Inland CEC category. My Medical passed as well. On September 30th, I received a notification for submission of Schedule A & Police Criminal Check. I submitted the requested documents on October 28th, 2015. Now I got married on Nov 18th, 2015 and informed CIC by sending a change in status application, along with marriage certificate, marriage pictures, her background (educational documents, etc.). This letter was received by CIC (as tracked on Canada Post Mail Tracker) on December 4, 2015 at the Sydney, NS case center. I have still not heard anything from CIC on the status of my file. Please advise me regarding:
1.) What could be the processing time for a candidate like me?
2.) Does the processing time increases due to addition of new applicant (my wife). Although she has got her police clearance, upfront medical and immigration (PR & landing) fees already deposited.
3.) What is the timeline I should expect at this time?
4.) After how much time usually CIC opens up a slot on my profile to electronically add my wife's documents as well?

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Please guide me here as I am in desperate situation. My wife is in India and we are looking for someone to guide our next step. My work permit expires in Feb, 2016 as well.

Please advice.

Thanks.