+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help RE: x-ray and pregnancy

sumitruby

Nov 11, 2017
Hello. We're stuck in a similar situation as you. My wife is pregnant and we got the medical done in paris in august without xray for wife. The doctor confirmed that he has mentioned in emedical about the pregnancy. He did not provide us any confirmation form (IMM5733E), so while sending the application, we just attached an explanation letter along with pregnancy declaration certificate to inform cic about the deferral.

But now after 3 months, we recieved an email from cic saying "they haven't recieved all the medical reports for my wife". They have asked to contact the physician, but we're not sure as to what we should ask the physician to provide us. He will again say the same thing to us that he has done his part and informed cic. Please help, we have only 5 days to complete this..... totally lost and confused!! :(

Also, how can we make sure that cic is aware of our deferral due to pregnancy and has put the application on hold!

Taneja1104

Jun 23, 2017
Hi
Guys one of my friend is in same situation:

Can you plz clarify if we have to got thru the whole cutoff process for ITA again if we dnt submit the medicals of the expecting wife with all the details from doctor

virajk

Oct 20, 2018
My wife is in the beginning of 2nd trimester. We didn't do X-ray now. Is it mandatory to wait till the end of delivery to do an X-ray, or can we do it in 3rd trimester as well?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife is in the beginning of 2nd trimester. We didn't do X-ray now. Is it mandatory to wait till the end of delivery to do an X-ray, or can we do it in 3rd trimester as well?
You can do the x-ray whenever you want.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Speak to your MD. Think x-rays are more of a concern earlier on in the pregnancy vs later on. It is up to you and your doctor to decide what would be the best option if you don't want to wait until after the birth.

Reactions: virajk

virajk

Oct 20, 2018
Speak to your MD. Think x-rays are more of a concern earlier on in the pregnancy vs later on. It is up to you and your doctor to decide what would be the best option if you don't want to wait until after the birth.
Actually doctor said it is safe. We were going to go ahead till they asked us to sign on a form, which says that there are risks like Cancer, Mental Retardation associated with X-ray, and that we will not hold the hospital responsible for it.
So i wonder if it is safe, then why they make us sign the form.

I have been browsing the internet but get mostly emotional advice. Does anyone know if medically/scientifically it is safe to do in 3rd trimester?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Actually doctor said it is safe. We were going to go ahead till they asked us to sign on a form, which says that there are risks like Cancer, Mental Retardation associated with X-ray, and that we will not hold the hospital responsible for it.
So i wonder if it is safe, then why they make us sign the form.

I have been browsing the internet but get mostly emotional advice. Does anyone know if medically/scientifically it is safe to do in 3rd trimester?
Generally speaking most doctors recommend against it. The vast majority of people here wait until after the baby is born to complete the x-ray because of these recommendations. But obviously your choice. They have that disclaimer on the hospital form because there has been some medical/scientific evidence that x-rays can harm an unborn child. Again, ultimately your choice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that it is. medically necessary most doctors recommend against especially during the months where foetal development occurs. Pregnant woman have had X-rays before if they get sick or get into an accident and there are no other options. The decision is up to you.

virajk

Oct 20, 2018
Generally speaking most doctors recommend against it. The vast majority of people here wait until after the baby is born to complete the x-ray because of these recommendations. But obviously your choice. They have that disclaimer on the hospital form because there has been some medical/scientific evidence that x-rays can harm an unborn child. Again, ultimately your choice.
Sorry, but if it is unsafe, why allow it at the first place? Why give someone a choice if medical evidence is against it?

I am not countering you scylaa, just confused on what is the risk factor associated with it.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Friends

I need an opinion here, I eligible to apply under CEC in EE, My Wife and kid are with me in Canada. I am on PSWP and my wife is on open work permit dependent on me.

My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and after doing some research on the internet, we found that in the second trimester it is safe to undergo X-ray. However, I was hoping to hear some people who have gone through this process and have done X-Ray and what month they did it.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hello Friends

I need an opinion here, I eligible to apply under CEC in EE, My Wife and kid are with me in Canada. I am on PSWP and my wife is on open work permit dependent on me.

My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and after doing some research on the internet, we found that in the second trimester it is safe to undergo X-ray. However, I was hoping to hear some people who have gone through this process and have done X-Ray and what month they did it.
my wife did her medical last June and she did the x ray , our second daughter was due in last July , the baby is almost one year old now and perfectly healthy .

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
my wife did her medical last June and she did the x ray , our second daughter was due in last July , the baby is almost one year old now and perfectly healthy .
Thank you for your reply. This is very helpful. God bless your daughter.

Just wanted to confirm,

a. You guys chose to do it in the 3rd trimester because that is recommended as the baby is in the best shape or your ITA request came by that time?

What I am trying to understand is: if we decide to go for Chest X-ray of my wife. Can it be done in any trimester or there is a particular trimester in which we can do it.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Thank you for your reply. This is very helpful. God bless your daughter.

Just wanted to confirm,

a. You guys chose to do it in the 3rd trimester because that is recommended as the baby is in the best shape or your ITA request came by that time?

What I am trying to understand is: if we decide to go for Chest X-ray of my wife. Can it be done in any trimester or there is a particular trimester in which we can do it.
well, we didn't choose the time to do it , the only reason we did it at that particular time is because we had an ongoing PR application and my wife got the MR . I know there's no point to argue with IRCC and ask for a delay in MR , also we didn't want to delay our PR process . after consulting with our family doctor and the panel physician we decided to do the x ray . and I have to say the staff in the hospital did take extra caution to cover her belly as much as they could to protect the baby since the x ray was only for the chest and lungs area .

so my advice is that you should probably ask your family doctor if you got one , or maybe ask the doctor that does the medical and seek some professional opinion.

Reactions: canuck78

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
well, we didn't choose the time to do it , the only reason we did it at that particular time is because we had an ongoing PR application and my wife got the MR . I know there's no point to argue with IRCC and ask for a delay in MR , also we didn't want to delay our PR process . after consulting with our family doctor and the panel physician we decided to do the x ray . and I have to say the staff in the hospital did take extra caution to cover her belly as much as they could to protect the baby since the x ray was only for the chest and lungs area .

so my advice is that you should probably ask your family doctor if you got one , or maybe ask the doctor that does the medical and seek some professional opinion.
Are you based out in TORONTO/GTA. Just wondering if you could share the details of the doctor you spoke to.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You can choose to the do the medicals without the xray the panel physician will send the results with a note to the IRCC about the XRAY (which will be done later). If you decide to do the Xray, at 2nd trimester it is safe, the panel physician will advice you more about this, and during the xray they put a double or triple shield to protect the baby. Its also a good idea to talk to your own doctor before going, check that everything is okay with the baby (the one that you have been seeing during the pregnancy)