+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, quick question on IMM1344A

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm struggling with Section J, the signature box. I am currently in China, and will be for a couple more months. The signature box asks for a City and Province. Do I put in my Canadian City and Province, or the city and province I am currently in, in China??? There's no box for country...

I've been struggling with this, and am hoping someone has a definitive answer! It's the last thing before mailout. . . Help!

MYSG

Oct 22, 2009
Hi canaboy,
If you are the sponsor currently living in China put the city, country (don't worry about the Canadian province obviously) of where you live.
I am the sponsor living in London England. I just put London, UK where is asks for city and put 'NOT APPLICABLE' for the Province.
I got my sponsorship approved :)

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We put "New York, New York" for city and "province." I figure that both sides of the border get enough of the "state/province" thing to recognize that they're basically interchangeable. Besides, New York was a province until 1776…

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies!

I'm only here on a temporary basis, and will be going home to Canada in a couple months. It would make sense to put the city and province of where I am when I sign the document. . . There should be no issue that I'm sending the package from China?

Cheers!

MYSG

Oct 22, 2009
I think you should put the city of where you are signing it and currently living, which is also the resident address you gave right?
If so you'll have to advise them of change of address when you go back to Canada.
I'm no expert so this is just what I 'think', not what I 'know'

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MYSG said:
I think you should put the city of where you are signing it and currently living, which is also the resident address you gave right?
If so you'll have to advise them of change of address when you go back to Canada.
I'm no expert so this is just what I 'think', not what I 'know'
I'm only on an extended "vacation" here, my residency is in Canada, and I put my Canadian address on my paperwork...

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Your best bet is to call CIC. They should KNOW for sure. I always call when I got confused with some questions or details needed with my application. The queue might be long but it's worth the wait rather than risk sending an application with incorrect details.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write wherever you are when you sign it. It's really NOT a big deal. If you are vacationing in China when you apply, write that in your cover letter with a date you will be returning to Canada.

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the replies, I put in my current location at signing. I don't anticipate any trouble with this!

Everything got bundled and mailed off to CPC-M today...

Thanks again, good luck to all!

Canaboy