+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! PR application rejected. Can I apply under a different program?

Moe_123

Jul 28, 2021
HI everyone,

So our family's PR application to Canada has been refused a few day ago unfortunately. We had applied under the G5 sponsorship. Is it possible for me to apply for PR again under a different program such as express entry or is that impossible because I was rejected under the G5 refugee program? I feel I have the qualifications to meet express entry and I checked the portal to confirm that I do but I fear it might eventually be refused because of my previous refusal.

I'd appreciate your responses.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok where are you currently (in your country of origins or in other country or in Canada) and what is your current status in the country you are now?

Moe_123

Jul 28, 2021
ok where are you currently (in your country of origins or in other country or in Canada) and what is your current status in the country you are now?
I'm a foreigner in Kenya. My parents applied for all of us years ago and at that time I did not care much about resettling in Canada. But in the last year especially I got really interested. Our application was refused because they said we had a durable solution in Kenya and did not need to be resettled.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm a foreigner in Kenya. My parents applied for all of us years ago and at that time I did not care much about resettling in Canada. But in the last year especially I got really interested. Our application was refused because they said we had a durable solution in Kenya and did not need to be resettled.
As long as that was the reason you were refused, I don't think there should be any issue or problem with you applying for PR under some other program. (Not an expert but the reason seems to be limited purely to whether you qualified under the refugee-like criteria of that program, not 'admissibility' i.e. things like criminality)

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can apply for other immigration program. You must make sure the information provided is consistent with your previous application. Applying for PR would only involve you, your spouse and children under 21 and not your parents.

Moe_123

Jul 28, 2021
As long as that was the reason you were refused, I don't think there should be any issue or problem with you applying for PR under some other program. (Not an expert but the reason seems to be limited purely to whether you qualified under the refugee-like criteria of that program, not 'admissibility' i.e. things like criminality)

Good luck.
I appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much.

Moe_123

Jul 28, 2021
Yes you can apply for other immigration program. You must make sure the information provided is consistent with your previous application. Applying for PR would only involve you, your spouse and children under 21 and not your parents.
Well understood. Thank you for your response.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is your status in Kenya? Attention not everybody can use express entry.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok then you can apply for express entry (of course as long as you meet the other requirement).

Moe_123

Jul 28, 2021
ok then you can apply for express entry (of course as long as you meet the other requirement).
When I read the requirements for express entry and watched videos of people who got PRs through express entry, I felt I'm more than qualified. My only worry is that once the embassy sees my application they will refuse it after the realize I was already refused once before (under the G5 sponsorship). That is my biggest worry.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope that is not the problem.
1. at the time you were most likely still minor.
2. the only problem would be rejected because they thought information was not correct (lying in previous application). Even then it is just 5 years ban. I suspect that it was more because group did not show enough money or correct setup to accomodate you

so you just need to disclose this information in your application. It can be that it will be checked in more details but thats all there is.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When I read the requirements for express entry and watched videos of people who got PRs through express entry, I felt I'm more than qualified. My only worry is that once the embassy sees my application they will refuse it after the realize I was already refused once before (under the G5 sponsorship). That is my biggest worry.
As long as you declare it, then you are okay. You say you are qualified so get your ECAs for your degrees assessed and take your IELTS to submit a profile. You also need one year continuous skilled employment in a NOC A, B or 0 job to be eligible.