+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help pls! live-in caregiver going home for vacation

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
job_seeker said:
Temporary Resident Applications and Travel Documents for Returning Permanent Residents

The Canadian Embassy in Manila uses the services of PIASI Visa application facilities within the Philippines to expedite the application process for the following types of application:

Visitor Visa
Study Permit
Temporary Work Permit
Live-in Caregiver Work Permit
Re-entry Visa for returning students, workers or live-in caregivers
Permanent Resident Travel Document
To submit your application, please contact the PIASI call centre at the numbers below. Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 6pm.

PIASI Call Centre

PLDT / Smart / Touchcard 1 (909) 101-8888
Bayantel 1 (903) 101-8888
Globe / Innove / Touchmobile 1 (900) 101-8888

may i know what is meant by PIASI ? .....I am sorry for my ignorance.....

and why i cant post links?...... pls help me do so. thanks

ren

Apr 28, 2013
hi everyone! I am a new member! :)

I am presently working as a live in care giver. Just arrived last November. I want to have a vacation on Dcemeber 2013 for a month. Could it be possible because in my contract its just 2 weeks. My employer and I talked already and He approved and allowed me to have a month.

Help pls... thanku so much! God bless! :)

Purpletablet

Apr 27, 2013
Hi, i am a live-in caregiver with open work permit. Pr still on process. I want to go back home for a vacation in the philippines after my maternity leave on july. The problem is i dont have work right now coz im on maternity leave. Can i still apply for a re-entry visa?

Purpletablet

Apr 27, 2013
riaivy1980 said:
Hi! Same here, going home this December. :DI've submitted my Owp/PR January this year and got my owp last April. So excited to go home for a vacation but nervous at the same time. What I have ready is my passport, visa, my owp, I still have to ask my employer for a letter of employment and of course my ticket. I have photocopied all of this to bring with me and to leave here just in case.
Hi! Did u have any problems going back to canada? I want to have a vacation too but im nervous i may not be allowed to come back.. Hoe to hear from you. Thanks

Purpletablet

Apr 27, 2013
ms.green said:
:) :) :)

salamat,,i'd tried to send u a personal message but i can't :(

by the way, do we still need to get OEC (overseas employment certificate) from the Phillipine Embassy?

thank you ;D

Hi ms.green pls share ur experience.. I want to go back home too...

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
I went home for a mth in January and all was ok.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Purpletablet said:
Hi, i am a live-in caregiver with open work permit. Pr still on process. I want to go back home for a vacation in the philippines after my maternity leave on july. The problem is i dont have work right now coz im on maternity leave. Can i still apply for a re-entry visa?
Hi! What I know is that an OWP doesn't assure u of re-entering Canada. U need to have an employer to work to after a vacation. Upon coming back, they usually ask for an employment letter.

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
hello guys im so happy to know that a lot of us are having plans of going home ...im from Philippines to going home this November .. i havent sent my application for TRV maybe next month ..my passport is still valid till May 21 2014.. so my plan is to renew it there while im on my vacation my question is do they have minimum validity of passport for application of TRV maybe ill send mine around july or august so by that time it is 9 mons valid is it ok???? thanks guys ... :)

Purpletablet

Apr 27, 2013
riaivy1980 said:
Hi! What I know is that an OWP doesn't assure u of re-entering Canada. U need to have an employer to work to after a vacation. Upon coming back, they usually ask for an employment letter.

Thanks for the response... My previous employer will hire me back.

leogal

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Visa Office......
cpc-v
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
24-02-2014 RPRF/NBI
AOR Received.
12-04-2013 LC2
Med's Request
24-02-2014 CPC-V
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Ren, it wont be a problem.. I did it too.. after a year I went home for 2 months vacation.. but employers will only pay us 2 weeks.. better if generous sila sayo.. :)

danecarlisle

Sep 18, 2012
Purpletablet said:
Thanks for the response... My previous employer will hire me back.
Hi miss purpletablet, i have been looking for same situations as going back to manila while pr is still in process. I see that u went for a maternity leave? Does that mean you want to travel back to phils and back her here in canada with your baby? Omg i want to go back home too... Please let me know if you went for vacation already thankx

Purpletablet

Apr 27, 2013
danecarlisle said:
Hi miss purpletablet, i have been looking for same situations as going back to manila while pr is still in process. I see that u went for a maternity leave? Does that mean you want to travel back to phils and back her here in canada with your baby? Omg i want to go back home too... Please let me know if you went for vacation already thankx
hi dane! yes i went on a vacation with my baby and we are back here in canada already. everything went fine, the immigration officer didnt ask for any employment letter but if you're planning to go back home be sure to apply for a re-entry visa. you also need to have an employment letter ready.

RebornLg

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov.19, 2013. AIP June 7, 2014 .... June 16,2014 application completed
Interview........
Waiting
Hi purpletablet, just asking because I'm planning to go for a vacation too while I'm on maternity leave, I'm live in caregiver my employer will not hire me anymore after my maternity leave. My question is the immigration will not ask an employment letter? Cause I don't have work when I come back because I'm still on maternity leave. I'm just a bit worried if I can't come back here in canada. What papers you bring? Re entry visa, OWP, maternity papers?

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi Everyone,
I'm so glad i found this thread. I'm in a similar situation with some of you on here. I'm a live-in-caregiver, applied for PR and OWP. i have received my OWP and have just gotten a new TRV. I hope to go to the US on vacation next month. But my employer is letting me go this month, so i won't have an employer by the time i'm returning. Does this mean that i shouldn't travel? or that i'll have problems returning to Canada?
Thanks for your help