+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help pls! live-in caregiver going home for vacation

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
hi everyone :)

I was a live-in caregiver before and I have my open work permit now and my permanent residency application was currently on process.

I have a plan to go back home (Philippines) for a vacation this coming December but i don't know what papers/documents i need to exit and enter Canada again.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP..THANKS :)

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Hi! Same here, going home this December. :DI've submitted my Owp/PR January this year and got my owp last April. So excited to go home for a vacation but nervous at the same time. What I have ready is my passport, visa, my owp, I still have to ask my employer for a letter of employment and of course my ticket. I have photocopied all of this to bring with me and to leave here just in case.

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
:) :) :)

salamat,,i'd tried to send u a personal message but i can't :(

by the way, do we still need to get OEC (overseas employment certificate) from the Phillipine Embassy?

thank you ;D

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
ms.green said:
:) :) :)

salamat,,i'd tried to send u a personal message but i can't :(

by the way, do we still need to get OEC (overseas employment certificate) from the Phillipine Embassy?

thank you ;D
you need to post more here so that you can send PM. :D A friend of mine said that we can just get the OEC in any Poea in your city. I have called in POEA back home in Zamboanga city, just called in to ask if they are issuing it, just want to make sure :), so she said yes and it'll cost me 6t pesos and it'll be valid for 2 months.

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last year, I got my OPEN WORK PERMIT November & while I was waiting for my Permanent Resident Visa, I filed for Re-entry Visa (TRV) at Buffalo to have a vacation, when I received my Re-entry Visa after 1month, I went back to the Philippines & stayed there until April 2012.
As long as you have a valid Passport, Re-entry Visa, Open Work Permit or even the valid work permit for your Employer & Letter from your Employer that you are still going back to them after your approved vacation, I believe you will not have a problem going out of Canada & coming in :)
What is the stage of your Permanent Resident Visa application? It was written in your Open work permit.

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
riaivy1980 said:
you need to post more here so that you can send PM. :D A friend of mine said that we can just get the OEC in any Poea in your city. I have called in POEA back home in Zamboanga city, just called in to ask if they are issuing it, just want to make sure :), so she said yes and it'll cost me 6t pesos and it'll be valid for 2 months.
salamat ulet ;D

i think it's much cheaper if we get our oec here (kuripot ai ano :) )

thank you so much for the all the info :)

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
sydneywhite said:
Last year, I got my OPEN WORK PERMIT November & while I was waiting for my Permanent Resident Visa, I filed for Re-entry Visa (TRV) at Buffalo to have a vacation, when I received my Re-entry Visa after 1month, I went back to the Philippines & stayed there until April 2012.
As long as you have a valid Passport, Re-entry Visa, Open Work Permit or even the valid work permit for your Employer & Letter from your Employer that you are still going back to them after your approved vacation, I believe you will not have a problem going out of Canada & coming in :)
What is the stage of your Permanent Resident Visa application? It was written in your Open work permit.
salamat :)

where did you get your oec? :)

do i still need a letter from my employer even if i have my open permit? :)

by the way,i still have "pending LIC application" as written in my OWP. i even check it online and it says "application received" feb. 16, 2012.

thank you :D

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pleasure!
POEA a month before coming back here.
Yes, u need letter from your Employer to prove that you still have work upon returning to Canada.
Be sure to have your TRV before leaving Canada....

ms.green

Nov 9, 2012
sydneywhite said:
My pleasure!
POEA a month before coming back here.
Yes, u need letter from your Employer to prove that you still have work upon returning to Canada.
Be sure to have your TRV before leaving Canada....
thank you :D

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
Hi. Which visa office should we submit re entry visa application?

crisles

Nov 19, 2012
hello everyone, its my first time here, i want to know some informations...heres the scenario, my sister is in canada.she is a live in caregiver and she had book a flight for the holiday here in philippines but sad to note her visa already expires...she said she really want to spend christmas with us...what must she do?pls do give us some idea...we would appreciate it alot

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crisles said:
hello everyone, its my first time here, i want to know some informations...heres the scenario, my sister is in canada.she is a live in caregiver and she had book a flight for the holiday here in philippines but sad to note her visa already expires...she said she really want to spend christmas with us...what must she do?pls do give us some idea...we would appreciate it alot
She should apply for re-entry Visa while she's here in Canada before flying back to the Philippines so she would not take that much risk. As soon as she'll b granted with TRV, Valid Work Permit & a Letter from her Employer allowing her to have a vacation and will continue working with them upon her return then she won't have any problems entering again Canada.

She can still apply for TRV now 'coz it usually takes a month before they return the passport.