+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013
krishnat said:
Don't worry about it man
what date you have written when applying for Study permit ?
start date and End date's ?
I wrote September 1 2013 till September 1 2015.
I just want the permit till end of July or August to be able to get my transcripts, attend convocation , apply for PGWP, etc...
What do you think i should do?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Advice about Validity date

mead said:
TRV and study permit may or may not have the same date.....and yes u may get a study permit upto 31/05/2015.
TRV is to entry country and study permit to stay legally in the country hence u can have ur TRV expire after u enter the country but can never have ur study permit expire.
I second mead

And if you have to extend your SP; you can always do so while in Canada. So, don't worry.

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013
Re: Advice about Validity date

Rossei said:
I second mead

And if you have to extend your SP; you can always do so while in Canada. So, don't worry.
So Should i mention this point at the POE or just ignore? Do they have the authority to take decision about the Validity or its pre determined?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Chrisv,

TRV, a stamp on your passport and study permit/work permit are different things all together. TRV is required to enter Canada, However, study/work permit determines length of your stay in Canada.

Now lets udnerstand this with an example. I am an International Student with 1 year TRV staring Jan.01, 2014 and it ends on Dec. 31, 2014. I flunked or skipped or for any other valid reason, couldn't complete my program within 1 year. What I will do now is I will apply for extension of my study permit which will cost me 140 CAD and I do not need another TRV stamped just another study permit will be issued with the time mentioned by which I will complete my study.

Now, lets talk about your particular case, as your TRV ends on 31.05.2015 and you will have another 3 weeks to stay in Canada. Now, once you complete your study say on 31.05.2015, you have another 90 days period to either apply for work permit or another study permit. So you need not panic or worry about it and you will not be staying as illegal immigrant (as you will officially have 90 days period to apply). So you don't have to worry about a grace period of another 1 month or two months to attend convocation or to receive transcripts.

Hope it makes things bit clear.

Cheers!

Angelica83

Jul 23, 2013
CROATIA - International Experience Canada

Hy everyone,

I am from Croatia and I applied for IEC on June 21st this year.
Since then I have only received under My Messages " Awaiting the quota awailability".
I was reading somewhere on this forum that waiting time depends from country to country.
Does anyone have experience with this program?
I am aware that I cannot bring anyone with me on that program,
But can I bring as a visitor then, because for Croatia there is no visa
Needed to enter and stay in Canada.

Hope anyone will be a bit helpful.
Tnx, Angie 8)