+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013
Hello,

i hope someone can help me. I am going to study Masters for 2 years ( my last semester should be Winter 2015) which ends early May 2015

I recently received my study permit approval letter along with TRV on my passport, the expiry date of TRV is 31/5/2015 which i understand is the las day to enter Canada not the last date to leave Canada.

The question is , in my LOI , its mentioned that the study permit validity date is 31/5/2013, is this the date that the study permit will valid for and issued at POE when i enter Canada? as it does not make sense to have less than a month after my studies end. This wont even give me time to get my final transcripts or convocation or apply for PGWP or anything.

In other words , does the study permit has to be the same as TRV in terms of validity or the officer at POE can issue study permits longer than TRV?

Thanks a lot guys

Chris

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Re: Advice about Validity date

Chrisv said:
Hello,

i hope someone can help me. I am going to study Masters for 2 years ( my last semester should be Winter 2014) which ends early May 2015

I recently received my study permit approval letter along with TRV on my passport, the expiry date of TRV is 31/5/2015 which i understand is the las day to enter Canada not the last date to leave Canada.

The question is , in my LOI , its mentioned that the study permit validity date is 31/5/2013, is this the date that the study permit will valid for and issued at POE when i enter Canada? as it does not make sense to have less than a month after my studies end. This wont even give me time to get my final transcripts or convocation or apply for PGWP or anything.

In other words , does the study permit has to be the same as TRV in terms of validity or the officer at POE can issue study permits longer than TRV?

Thanks a lot guys

Chris
validity on my LOI is the duration of my study mentioned on the application form by me and which is on the admission letter too....at port of entry i was given study permit for less than the validity as my validity showed 2016 .....would be a good idea to check ur application then confirm with CIC

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
validity on my LOI is the duration of my study mentioned on the application form by me and which is on the admission letter too....at port of entry i was given study permit for less than the validity as my validity showed 2016 .....would be a good idea to check ur application then confirm with CIC
I mentioned in my application form that i need till September 2015 and my university letter only mentions that i have 6 years maximum from September 203 to complete my degree

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Chrisv said:
I mentioned in my application form that i need till September 2015 and my university letter only mentions that i have 6 years maximum from September 203 to complete my degree
i say better contact CHC and confirm...just to be safe

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
i say better contact CHC and confirm...just to be safe
I am still in my home country now, i am flying to Canada next week. been trying to reach the Canadian embassy with no reply. Should i bring this point at POE with the officer before issuing my permit?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Chrisv said:
I am still in my home country now, i am flying to Canada next week. been trying to reach the Canadian embassy with no reply. Should i bring this point at POE with the officer before issuing my permit?
they may issue study permit for the duration of ur study but i am not sure.....yes if ur traveling then u should ask them at POE and also verify the date on ur study permit when u get it.

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
they may issue study permit for the duration of ur study but i am not sure.....yes if ur traveling then u should ask them at POE and also verify the date on ur study permit when u get it.
So the validity date on my TRV as well as LOI is the last date i can enter canada and when my LOI is valid but it has nothing to do with the study permit duration, is that right?

Also, from your experience, are officers at POE understanding, do they let you ask questions regarding your permit?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Chrisv said:
So the validity date on my TRV as well as LOI is the last date i can enter canada and when my LOI is valid but it has nothing to do with the study permit duration, is that right?

Also, from your experience, are officers at POE understanding, do they let you ask questions regarding your permit?
well they give u study permit based on ur LOI hence the not sure part what will happen to ur study permit......is there a reason they have issued ur LOI for that duration? date on TRV is the last date u can enter canada and LOI is to issue study permit. decision how long u can stay in the country is made at port of entry for which they use LOI. if LOI is for a certain period they will have to verify why it is so ..was it a typo was there a specific reason for not letting u stay more than specified period etc. I my experience they r understanding and friendly at POE.

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
well they give u study permit based on ur LOI hence the not sure part what will happen to ur study permit......is there a reason they have issued ur LOI for that duration? date on TRV is the last date u can enter canada and LOI is to issue study permit. decision how long u can stay in the country is made at port of entry for which they use LOI. if LOI is for a certain period they will have to verify why it is so ..was it a typo was there a specific reason for not letting u stay more than specified period etc. I my experience they r understanding and friendly at POE.
Well my TRV is valid till 31/05/2015 while my LOI has the same validity date but it just mentions i should arrive and present this LOI before this date and nothing on how long will my study permit be valid for so i don't know if this will be the same expiry date for the study permit or not. I guess only the officer at POE will tell . I just wanted to know if i can explain the situation to them and whether the final decision is for them or it has been already taken?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Chrisv said:
Well my TRV is valid till 31/05/2015 while my LOI has the same validity date but it just mentions i should arrive and present this LOI before this date and nothing on how long will my study permit be valid for so i don't know if this will be the same expiry date for the study permit or not. I guess only the officer at POE will tell . I just wanted to know if i can explain the situation to them and whether the final decision is for them or it has been already taken?
i am confused in ur original post u have said validity on ur LOI is 31/5/2013 ....its different than ur visa right? if validity on ur visa and LOI is same 31/5/2015 then at port of entry u will get study permit upto 31/5/2015. final decision is made at POE.

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
i am confused in ur original post u have said validity on ur LOI is 31/5/2013 ....its different than ur visa right? if validity on ur visa and LOI is same 31/5/2015 then at port of entry u will get study permit upto 31/5/2015. final decision is made at POE.
My TRV has expiry date 31/05/2015 and LOI has the same date mentioned under Validity and mentions that this is the latest date i should present the letter. what i was asking is does this mean that the study permit will be issued till 31/05/2015 and if both TRV and Study permit should have the same date or not

Also, if this means that my SP will be valid till 31/5/2015, should i explain to the officer and can they take a decision to make my study permit cover my study period plus 90 days as mentioned on CIC website?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Chrisv said:
My TRV has expiry date 31/05/2015 and LOI has the same date mentioned under Validity and mentions that this is the latest date i should present the letter. what i was asking is does this mean that the study permit will be issued till 31/05/2015 and if both TRV and Study permit should have the same date or not
TRV and study permit may or may not have the same date.....and yes u may get a study permit upto 31/05/2015.
TRV is to entry country and study permit to stay legally in the country hence u can have ur TRV expire after u enter the country but can never have ur study permit expire.

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013

mead said:
TRV and study permit may or may not have the same date.....and yes u may get a study permit upto 31/05/2015.
TRV is to entry country and study permit to stay legally in the country hence u can have ur TRV expire after u enter the country but can never have ur study permit expire.
\

Thanks a lot buddy.

I will explain to the officer that 31/05/2015 means that i have about 3 weeks after my last exam which does not make sense and i hope they can issue my study permit to give me sometime to at least get my transcripts and attend my convocation

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Chrisv said:
\

Thanks a lot buddy.

I will explain to the officer that 31/05/2015 means that i have about 3 weeks after my last exam which does not make sense and i hope they can issue my study permit to give me sometime to at least get my transcripts and attend my convocation
Don't worry about it man
what date you have written when applying for Study permit ?
start date and End date's ?