+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please...is this considered lying?

cherubim1964

Dec 6, 2009
Been learning a lot each day from this forum and really appreciate your help...

We are compiling the necessary documentation for the family class sponsorship, i am the one being sponsored by canadian husband. I was approved with a working visa in 2009 which was changed to a tourist visa by the IO at POE when i landed in vancouver. I left canada on the day of my tourist visa expiry date.

i noticed a question that i answered in the Personal Information Form that I submitted for working visa application in 2009. It asked: Have you taken or are you now taking a Caregiver course? If yes, provide details. My answer was a simple NO.

But the truth is i did, and i took the night classes. There was an advise from Canadian Embassy that only full time classes in the morning or afternoon are recognized so i considered mine to be void and answered no rather than answering yes with explanation that it's not recognized.

And now that we are applying for a family class sponsorship-husband sponsoring me, i do not know if i should put the caregiving classes under personal history, yet am afraid that the IO might find out and cause us problems in the future when the application is in process.

Now my concerns are:
1. Should i put that i took caregiving classes in the personal history with an explanation that its void under the Canada Caregiver Program or not?

2. Won't they consider it lying since I answered no in my 2009 working visa application and now, i am including it in the family class sponsorship personal history?

3. Will they even check the personal info form filed in the working visa application in 2009 when i am now applying for the family class sponsorship? Do they include that in background check?

What should i do? Please....Thank you very much.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Re: help...haunted by previous application

why would it matter to mention about your caregiver course if you're sponsoring your parents?

i thought it doesn't matter that your job is as long as you meet the minimum income requirements...

cherubim1964

Dec 6, 2009

sorry for the lack of details...i am the one who is the principal applicant and will be sponsored by my soon to be canadian husband...

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010

if you're being sponsored, i don't think it matter what your education is
it only does when you're applying yourself, no sponsor, as a skilled worker...

i don't understand why you're so concerned about your education...

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i believe her worry is in reference to consistency in her time line on the pr app to the one she had on her last visa.

i don't have an answer for you, were you doing anything else at the time of your course working? that you can put in the time frame you were taking the classes?
as long as you dont have any gaps you are fine but i dont believe you are supposed to have every over lapping thing
you could try calling immigration and asking the question with out giving your name

juice

Jan 28, 2010
yes, don't sweat it. Just keep it simple.
State the basics of what you were doing for any period of time, for example: holiday, employed, student, unemployed.