+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

segfault

Apr 2, 2021
This thread helps me a lot in renewing my PGWP due to passport expiry. My old PGWP only last 9 months from Jun 3, 2020 to Mar 13, 2021. Today I received my new PGWP, which is extended to Jun 3, 2023. So I'd like to share my experience here to help others. My application was made on paper. The whole process took about 2 months.

1. I followed the instructions on this CIC guide to collect documents and fill all the forms. When preparing the documents, just assume you are applying for the initial PGWP except that you have to provide your current PGWP information and an explanation letter.

2. My documents were sent to (via Canada Post Xpresspost)
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Student Work Permits/New Employer, Station 555
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

3. The timeline of my application:
Mailed date: Jan 28, 2021
Delivered date: Feb 1, 2021
Linked to my online account: Feb 20, 2021
Approved: Mar 27, 2021
Received: Apr 1, 2021

I have the same anxious feeling while waiting for approval, afraid of being fired and kicked out of Canada. But don't worry, you can continue to work as long as you provide the mailing and payment receipt to your company. Everything gonna be fine!

Reactions: aimeehighro

Arun2028

Nov 11, 2021
Hello all. As I was about to initiate my application for PGWP Extention (after renewing my passport), I had a question about a change in my marital status. So after my studies when I had applied for my PGPW for the first time my marital status was "SINGLE" however now as I am planning to send my PGWP Extention application my current status has changed to "MARRIED".
So my question is if I mention this status change in IMM5710 do I also need to attach some proof (like my marriage certificate) or does just adding my status as married with my spouse's name on imm5710 would suffice. Thanks

VizKrish

Jan 8, 2022
This thread helps me a lot in renewing my PGWP due to passport expiry. My old PGWP only last 9 months from Jun 3, 2020 to Mar 13, 2021. Today I received my new PGWP, which is extended to Jun 3, 2023. So I'd like to share my experience here to help others. My application was made on paper. The whole process took about 2 months.

1. I followed the instructions on this CIC guide to collect documents and fill all the forms. When preparing the documents, just assume you are applying for the initial PGWP except that you have to provide your current PGWP information and an explanation letter.

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

I have the same anxious feeling while waiting for approval, afraid of being fired and kicked out of Canada. But don't worry, you can continue to work as long as you provide the mailing and payment receipt to your company. Everything gonna be fine!
Could you please tell how did you link your application to the account?

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi guys,

I made an PGWP extension online but I have seen some comments here that it could get rejected. Do you think if I need to reapply with a paper based application ? My work permit will expire in 3 weeks.
Thanks

MOSAAB2022

Mar 19, 2022

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

WOULD YOU PLEASE MENTION EXACTLY YOUR DOCUMENTS THAT YOU MAILED? THANK YOU