+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!!! PCC during sponsoring dependent child

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Hi,

When applying for sponsorship of dependent child, I read that the documents checklist includes PCC as well, of each family member.

Now, our PCC for Thailand, Turkey & US is more than 6 months old. But we haven't revisited those countries after obtaining PCC.
So is it valid if we submit the same PCC again?? Or do we need to re-issue it?

Please confirm someone.

(Me & my wife are PR holders, we did short landing in toronto and returned in 10 days. we are at present in India. My wife is expecting and the baby is due in Jan. We plan to move to canada after that.)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
for application purposes "family members" refers to people who are listed in the application seeking PR status. since presumably, the application will be for ONLY your future child, there is no need to provide police reports for you or your wife as you are not pr applicants, you are the sponsors. as the PR applicant is a baby, there is no need for a police clearance.

Note, the application can't be submitted until the baby is born, and i believe since you are both PR's you must be present in Canada during the application process. I would imagine this rule also applies when sponsoring a child.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
for application purposes "family members" refers to people who are listed in the application seeking PR status. since presumably, the application will be for ONLY your future child, there is no need to provide police reports for you or your wife as you are not pr applicants, you are the sponsors. as the PR applicant is a baby, there is no need for a police clearance.

Note, the application can't be submitted until the baby is born, and i believe since you are both PR's you must be present in Canada during the application process. I would imagine this rule also applies when sponsoring a child.
That would be a relief but i still doubt it.

Let me quote here what the guidelines say, coz its not as clear as you are mentioning:

"Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or older have resided for six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country."

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
draviki said:
That would be a relief but i still doubt it.

Let me quote here what the guidelines say, coz its not as clear as you are mentioning:

"Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or older have resided for six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s). Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country."
again, "family members" refers to people in the application who are applying for PR. this is referring to when a husband AND wife AND/OR dependants are applying at the same time for PR. it is not referring to the sponsors. are you and your wife applying for PR in the application? No you are not, you are already pr's and are not applying for PR status again. you don't need to submit police clearances since YOU ARE NOT APPLICANTS. sponsors are NOT required to submit police clearances. these application forms/guides are generic for all streams of immigration. in the application, you are not considered "family members", you are considered "sponsors".

Feel free to call CIC. They will confirm this. It is common knowledge that sponsors are not considered "family members" for application purposes.