+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help! online service is currently not available

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
gua1023 said:
I cannot finish the questionnaire. It returns an error... :( :(
I deleted my application, and got stuck in the questionaire. I cannot finish the questionnaire like you. I can't stand it any more :((((((((

Ry

May 30, 2014
I have been trying since May 26. and always getting error message. in between I was able to upload one document and again started getting error message. the following is the latest message I got. I wonder what other option if this continues

----------

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:9SJHK53P (2014-06-04 09:06:44)

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Yesterday I had the same problem then I deleted the old application and created the new one. After that I could continue the upload documents process. I also experienced the error when uploading documents but tried it many time until it worked. Conclusion, the apply online system haven't returned stable.

hassan783

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2014 online
Med's Request
up front medical
can anyone help him how to upload multiple files properly tell me the process pls its urgent

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hassan783 said:
can anyone help him how to upload multiple files properly tell me the process pls its urgent
What files? Explain!

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
I am facing the same issue, it worked fine yesterday but today when i logged in to upload the documents, it started showing error.. :(
by the way, is it necessary to have a credit card to apply online or one can pay fee at the bank, scan the receipt and upload it with documents? any idea guys?

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silent3y3s said:
I am facing the same issue, it worked fine yesterday but today when i logged in to upload the documents, it started showing error.. :(
by the way, is it necessary to have a credit card to apply online or one can pay fee at the bank, scan the receipt and upload it with documents? any idea guys?
No, you can only pay with a valid Visa, Mastercard or American Express.

hassan783

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2014 online
Med's Request
up front medical
hi neez i need to upload my educational documents as there is not too much options avaliable to upload the documents so i have to compress them put in 1 folder but when i do that it does not upload:(

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hassan783 said:
hi neez i need to upload my educational documents as there is not too much options avaliable to upload the documents so i have to compress them put in 1 folder but when i do that it does not upload:(
I suppose your documents are scanned, right? Which means they're in JPEG format!!

Here is what you can do

1- Go here http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/ and convert each JPEG file to PDF.

2- Go here http://www.pdfmerge.com/ and merge all the PDF files into one file.

3- The PDF file can't be uploaded in CIC unless it is 4MB or less, so if the merged file exceeds 4MB, go here http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf to reduce your PDF size by compressing it.

Hope this helps.

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
hassan783 said:
You can not upload a folder. All of your document should be upload in required format: DOC, PDF, JPEG. If you have many file, combine them in one pdf file and compress to have it less than 4MB follow previous post.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
thank you neez for your reply.. best regards

Ry

May 30, 2014
Did any one manage to upload yet?

I am still getting the same old error message

-----
Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:UE6MPDYB (2014-06-04 17:24:38)

Sorry

Please try again later

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I had the same problem and I fortunately submitted my application today and paid the fees and got the biometric message right away. The solution is to do the questionari again and delete the old application and start a new one with the new checklist code, I had to do the Questionari three times and I encountered several errors but at the end I was successful. Hope you all be successful

Good luck

gua1023

Jun 2, 2014
Nisht said:
I had the same problem and I fortunately submitted my application today and paid the fees and got the biometric message right away. The solution is to do the questionari again and delete the old application and start a new one with the new checklist code, I had to do the Questionari three times and I encountered several errors but at the end I was successful. Hope you all be successful

Good luck
Thank you.
But I am facing errors when uploading documents.

trebka

Jun 8, 2014
My hypothesis (unconfirmed) is that the error message “Our Online Services are Currently Down” can occur if the total size of the files you have uploaded or are attempting to upload is above 12 megabytes or so.

Why I suspect this: Over the past two weeks I’ve been using CIC for a study permit application. At first, the CIC web system worked more than half the time: there were frequent “503” errors, but persistence allowed me to make progress. But after adding more documents, I encountered many more errors, to the point that starting around June 1 I would ALWAYS get a message like

Our Online Services are Currently Down
System-generated error code:HHF5E7S8 (2014-06-08 21:54:32)
Sorry
Please try again later.

after logging in to CIC, and clicking on “Continue my application”. Trying to get past these errors, over the past seven days, I logged in about 50 times, tried 7 different versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari browsers on 5 different computers (both Mac and Windows), and I tried clearing the browser’s cache, web data (cookies), history, quitting the browser, rebooting, etc. I would always get the above error message when clicking on “Continue my application” until I tried the suggestion I read here: delete the application, fill out the questionnaire again, and restart. Reloading all my documents went pretty well (surmountable errors) at first, but when I had entered almost all of the documents I began encountering the same “Our Online Services are Currently Down” messages every time I would try to upload another. After 13 unsuccessful tries with a particular PDF file, I took this large file, converted it to JPEG (saving several hundred kilobytes), and uploading that instead succeeded on the first try! I was then able to upload everything else and complete the application by making the remaining files as small as possible. The total file size was around 11 megabytes.

My thoughts & advice:
* Don’t take MyCIC error messages literally. If the message says “possible reasons: We are currently updating this Web site. We are experiencing technical difficulties” all it really means is “an error occurred, but we’re not telling you what. It could be you or it could be us”.
* After uploading, always check that each doc is listed as “provided” in the document list, because the system, even when functioning at its best, drops files a lot.
* If CIC emails you that you may be able to fix your web problems by switching to Safari 3.1, by all means set your time machine for 2008 and give it a try (sarcasm).
* If CIC emails you that clearing your browser cache may fix it, don’t believe them.
* If CIC emails you to wait and try again later, don’t believe them (probably no need to wait).
* If CIC emails you “We verified the information provided. The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing periodic technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.” what it means is “” (nothing).
* If you email web-tech-support@cic.gc.ca, don't expect more than canned answers like the previous four; try this forum for help, instead.
* If you’re ready to sign the application, but MyCIC gives an error message “Validation error: Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue”, what you need to do is click on the words “I agree” until they light up blue.
* If they can’t fix this deplorable web system within 30 days, the CIC web software developers and their managers should be fed to polar bears.