+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help on where to open our file

shiva_v85

Sep 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I remember last year I asked some questions about our file and now here we are in Canada :)

Now, can u please help me on this

I have a boy friend and we are together for 5 years now. We both went to UK to study and then work for 3 years ( we are Iranian nationals and he is still in UK ). He has a job there and his work visa will be expired in January 2013.
If we want to get married in April, can we open his file in London office?
Iranian nationals now open their immigration files in damascus, Ankara and Warsaw as I have heard. But can we do that from London? and how long will it take? What if it will take beyond his UK visa ?

Thanks a lot,

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Did you live together for longer than a year in the UK?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
shiva_v85 said:
Hi everyone,

I remember last year I asked some questions about our file and now here we are in Canada :)

Now, can u please help me on this

I have a boy friend and we are together for 5 years now. We both went to UK to study and then work for 3 years ( we are Iranian nationals and he is still in UK ). He has a job there and his work visa will be expired in January 2013.
If we want to get married in April, can we open his file in London office?
Iranian nationals now open their immigration files in damascus, Ankara and Warsaw as I have heard. But can we do that from London? and how long will it take? What if it will take beyond his UK visa ?

Thanks a lot,
first, Warsaw is not for family class applications, it's for economic class...for family class it was Damascus and now it's moved to Ankara which currently is fast, maybe faster than London... Ankara processing is currently 5 months (very good comparing with other embassies which are 20-30 months); London times i don't know and don't have the link here but probably around 6 months too; to these times u need to add the sponsor approval part, around 2 months; also keep in mind that the embassy times change every 3 months (could be the same or +/- 1-2 months and the sponsor times change weekly, +/- a few days)

i did read again this article to make sure i say things right ;) he can apply through London but u need to be aware that if he does not get the Canadian visa until the work visa expires, if he has to leave UK and then he could not attend an interview for example, ur file could be rejected; u could ask for transfer but in general they don't and even if they would there will be delays and headache

http://www.cicnews.com/2011/01/understanding-r11-visa-office-submit-application-canadian-permanent-residency-01826.html

good luck