+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! On Live-in Caregiver Application for PR

benique

Apr 22, 2014
Live-in caregiver from Europe

Hi all!

I'm applying for a working visa under the live-in caregiver program.
That's still in process since September 2013.

I was on an interview a few days ago, so I'd like to ask you guys about your experiences and your opinion.

(I applyed with an experience letter of one year as a nanny, without qualification.)

So the officer required the insurance salary (showing the employer) of the one year experience as an additional proof.
I couldn't take it, because I was a college student in that time, so it was paid by my college.

Well, the interview went great, but the lady said that's not so good, that I don't have this proof.

My question is that, do you guys think that the officers will give me the visa only with the reference letter?

Thank you!

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
Thanks for all the replies. What I did is, I wrote a letter of explanation to the immigration that I can't provide the said ROE. I hope everything goes well.

MJAMEM

Apr 10, 2014
Hi thank you Laine06 for all the responses. I just want to tell I will be receiving my ROE from EI which I called them many times just to my ROE. I phoned EI even I will not applying for EI but EI hotline helps to get copy of ROE from Canada service. Last week thr agent called she said she will send the copy of EI to me a week or two. Im posting this for the benefits of others. Now, my concern is I don't have paystub or salary earnings and deductions. I have ROe which will be sent this week and t4. Do I still need to include a letter explaining why I didnt have paystub or copy of earnings and deductions or the ROE and T4 are enough proof that I've worked from my employer. Thank you and have a wonderful day

Norvelyn

Oct 24, 2017
hello aim applying for pr under live in caregiver this coming month.
- it says on the checklist that ROE is needed for the previous employer. do i need ROE for my current employer?
- i came from honkong do i need to get the police check and send together with my application or do i need to wait for cic to request for it later?

thank you...