Help on eCoPR

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Dear all
I applied for PR through OINP.

I just received an email from
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
details see below,
********** CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING********* Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. In addition to the requested information, please also provide your height and eye colour. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outlined in the document. ***Etobicoke IRCC***

My situation is I temporarily moved out of Canada for 1 year. Initially, I was thinking, I just declare I am in Canada, and do the online thing abroad because I do have a Canadian address to receive the PR card. I can ask someone to send it to me by mail. Then I think it would be too stupid to declare I am still in Canada because the immigration officer would check that (can someone let me know how it works).

The difficulty here is I cannot go back to Canada recently and stay for a long time. I can only travel for 3-4 days. A have a few questions below regarding my situation,
1. if I reply to the email that I am not in Canada, I need to give them an estimated return to Canada time, how long can it be?
2. usually how long would it take from replying to the email (declaration of the presence in Canada ) to receive a PR card?
3. Can I declare I am in Canada while I am still abroad and travel back to Canada after IRCC sends me the link to upload my phone and etc?

Thank you...

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Dear all
I applied for PR through OINP.

I just received an email from
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
details see below,
********** CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING********* Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. In addition to the requested information, please also provide your height and eye colour. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outlined in the document. ***Etobicoke IRCC***

My situation is I temporarily moved out of Canada for 1 year. Initially, I was thinking, I just declare I am in Canada, and do the online thing abroad because I do have a Canadian address to receive the PR card. I can ask someone to send it to me by mail. Then I think it would be too stupid to declare I am still in Canada because the immigration officer would check that (can someone let me know how it works).

The difficulty here is I cannot go back to Canada recently and stay for a long time. I can only travel for 3-4 days. A have a few questions below regarding my situation,
1. if I reply to the email that I am not in Canada, I need to give them an estimated return to Canada time, how long can it be?
2. usually how long would it take from replying to the email (declaration of the presence in Canada ) to receive a PR card?
3. Can I declare I am in Canada while I am still abroad and travel back to Canada after IRCC sends me the link to upload my phone and etc?

Thank you...
Hi, congrats on getting Portal 1.

1. You need to tell them when you're planning to come back. They'll probably tell you to contact them again when you're back in Canada.
2. Hard to say, for some people like me just one month, for others longer. eCOPR usually takes a couple weeks after you submit your photo and address, though it isn't guaranteed, it can take longer. After you have your ECOPR you could go back to where you're living and apply for a PRTD when you want to come back to Canada.
3. No, you should let them know you're not in Canada.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022

1. You need to tell them when you're planning to come back. They'll probably tell you to contact them again when you're back in Canada.
2. Hard to say, for some people like me just one month, for others longer. eCOPR usually takes a couple weeks after you submit your photo and address, though it isn't guaranteed, it can take longer. After you have your ECOPR you could go back to where you're living and apply for a PRTD when you want to come back to Canada.
Thank you for your quick reply. Can I tell IRCC that I can only return in one year? It is not possible for me to leave my current job for that long.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your quick reply. Can I tell IRCC that I can only return in one year? It is not possible for me to leave my current job for that long.
If you are not planning to return soon you should have changed your address online to current one . So simply reply to the email and tell them you are out of country and would like to send passport to VFS and tell them you won’t returning soon . They will make your application as outland and ask to submit your passport to local embassy.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
If you are not planning to return soon you should have changed your address online to current one . So simply reply to the email and tell them you are out of country and would like to send passport to VFS and tell them you won’t returning soon . They will make your application as outland and ask to submit your passport to local embassy.
Thanks! I have valid Canadian visa and open work permit. Does these change anything?

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022

If only takes 2 weeks to get things done, I might try. Otherwise, my boss here probably will fire me

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
If only takes 2 weeks to get things done, I might try. Otherwise, my boss here probably will fire me
Other option would be go back to Canada, declare you are inside Canada, get Ecopr , give valid PR card address and come back . Note you wouldn’t be able to fly back to Canada without PR card then you need PRTD.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Other option would be go back to Canada, declare you are inside Canada, get Ecopr , give valid PR card address and come back . Note you wouldn’t be able to fly back to Canada without PR card then you need PRTD.
Thank you! I am seriously considering this option if I get more accurate processing time to get the PR cars once I declare I am in Canada. Otherwise I have to tell them I won't be back until next year.
Thank you again!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you! I am seriously considering this option if I get more accurate processing time to get the PR cars once I declare I am in Canada. Otherwise I have to tell them I won't be back until next year.
Thank you again!
Just want to let you know that they won’t hold your application for that long. Best option is to tell them you are outside Canada.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Just want to let you know that they won’t hold your application for that long. Best option is to tell them you are outside Canada.
Some of my documents will expire, such as ielts and medical exam if I choose to return next year. Do I have to redo them? Also, if i return earlier than expected l, if I let IRCC know, will they change the application accordingly. Thank you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Some of my documents will expire, such as ielts and medical exam if I choose to return next year. Do I have to redo them? Also, if i return earlier than expected l, if I let IRCC know, will they change the application accordingly. Thank you.
As i told you they never hold applications for that long. They will simply refuse your application . Just simply reply to landing unit and tell them you are outside Canada and want to proceed from there . They will ask you to send passport to local embassy for stamping and issue your COPR and you have to land in Canada before expiry of that COPR . They will not hold your application for that long.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
As i told you they never hold applications for that long. They will simply refuse your application . Just simply reply to landing unit and tell them you are outside Canada and want to proceed from there . They will ask you to send passport to local embassy for stamping and issue your COPR and you have to land in Canada before expiry of that COPR . They will not hold your application for that long.
I just directly replied to IRCC email with the portal guidance, let them know my situation and would like to proceed as an outlander. Just want to confirm that is good enough. Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Without your help, I probably would screwed it up.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I just directly replied to IRCC email with the portal guidance, let them know my situation and would like to proceed as an outlander. Just want to confirm that is good enough. Thank you. I really appreciate your help. Without your help, I probably would screwed it up.
Yes simply reply to that email and tell your situation that you are not in Canada and won’t be returning soon and want to proceed as outlander . They will guide you also . Also if possible change your address through webform.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
Yes simply reply to that email and tell your situation that you are not in Canada and won’t be returning soon and want to proceed as outlander . They will guide you also . Also if possible change your address through webform.
Thank you again. Save my life literally.