+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed!

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
Do you have IRCC application tracking numbers? Not the VFS numbers, which would start with something like 20190522 - but something that is "V" and then a long set of numbers, or similar.

When you say that you know they have profiles with IRCC, how do you know?
Yes I was talking to him on FaceTime and he showed me the profiles with each of my kids having a UCI and an application number. With a status of “your application is in progress we will send you an email when we start reviewing your eligibility”

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
Also, on my VFS receipt which was given to us after biometrics. It shows “VISA CATEGORY: INDIVIDUAL TRV” do you know what that means?

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
I just got an update from my agent. He stated that its not an OWP but rather It’s a permit through LMIA. I was shocked to hear that as he previously stated it was an OWP. Anyways, I quizzed him on the tracking code and the job offer I should have gotten if it’s via LMIA but he said I should be patient and let the immigration lawyer do what he’s best at doing. That besides, I haven’t paid a dime so I should be patient till my visa is out after which we’ll get on a conference call with the lawyer and I can ask whatever questions I might have at that time.

What are your thoughts on this? As I figured there should be a job offer on the table prior to applying for the work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just got an update from my agent. He stated that its not an OWP but rather It’s a permit through LMIA. I was shocked to hear that as he previously stated it was an OWP. Anyways, I quizzed him on the tracking code and the job offer I should have gotten if it’s via LMIA but he said I should be patient and let the immigration lawyer do what he’s best at doing. That besides, I haven’t paid a dime so I should be patient till my visa is out after which we’ll get on a conference call with the lawyer and I can ask whatever questions I might have at that time.

What are your thoughts on this? As I figured there should be a job offer on the table prior to applying for the work permit.
An LMIA must be applied for by the employer, so there needs to be a specific employer with a specific job. If this agent won't even tell you who the employer is or what the job is, it is likely a scam.

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
An LMIA must be applied for by the employer, so there needs to be a specific employer with a specific job. If this agent won't even tell you who the employer is or what the job is, it is likely a scam.
Thanks, I really have nothing to worry about as
1. I haven’t paid any fees to him
2. I have done biometrics which means he obviously has invested his own funds so if he’s trying to play a smart one me then clearly he has failed.

Anyways, that’s so much for your input