+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed!

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
Hi Everyone, Am applying for a OWP through an agent, is it normal for we all to have one profile or will my kids age 2 and 4 have different CIC profiles. Also, am I required to pay visa fees for the kids since they are minors and are not required to provide biometrics

Last edited:

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
No I am not. It’s being handled by an agent and he chooses not to disclose that information hence my reason for asking. He however stated its being handled by an immigration lawyer in Canada. Me and my wife just did our biometrics at VAC center closer to us

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No I am not. It’s being handled by an agent and he chooses not to disclose that information hence my reason for asking. He however stated its being handled by an immigration lawyer in Canada. Me and my wife just did our biometrics at VAC center closer to us
He chooses not to disclose that information? So you don't even know how you supposedly qualify for a work permit? You are likely committing fraud, being scammed or both.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This is a massive danger sign.

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
He chooses not to disclose that information? So you don't even know how you supposedly qualify for a work permit? You are likely committing fraud, being scammed or both.
Actually it was supposed to be through LMIA. I am suspicious of course hence why I am asking all these questions. He did however said he would get back to me after hearing from the lawyer so fingers crossed

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Actually it was supposed to be through LMIA. I am suspicious of course hence why I am asking all these questions. He did however said he would get back to me after hearing from the lawyer so fingers crossed
For what position? What company?How much have you paid this agent?

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
Yes I know it leads to a closed one. He’s charging about $13,000 but no payment upfront till it’s finalized. Am quite very inquisitive. The agreement was the LMIA so I kept requesting for the tracking code and he stated after a few months that the LMIA couldn’t work and he would get me an OWP. I did my research and quizzed him that on what grounds do I qualify for OWP as from what I see online it’s not possible to have one. He stated the immigration lawyer was handling it, I wasn’t satisfied with that answer and requested more info so he said he’d get back to me.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Don't pay anything at all, until you actually get some kind of reliable information. You should not qualify for an OWP.

To answer your original question, the minors would still pay visa fees but not biometrics. I'm concerned that your "agent" is applying for tourist visas for you, but applying for the children separately - hence the different profiles. He may then be providing you with a fake OWP and asking for money, which you'll only find out was fake once you get to Canada.

I imagine his initial attempt at "buying" an LMIA failed.

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
LMIA generally does not lead to an open work permit, it leads to a closed one.
Also I became very skeptical when I noticed my kids had profiles with CIC and they are minors so I was wondering if that’s how it works? My thinking was that my kids are suppose to be under me and my wife’s profile. That is, one single CIC account and not multiple

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do you have IRCC application tracking numbers? Not the VFS numbers, which would start with something like 20190522 - but something that is "V" and then a long set of numbers, or similar.

When you say that you know they have profiles with IRCC, how do you know?

Taurusbbe

May 24, 2019
Don't pay anything at all, until you actually get some kind of reliable information. You should not qualify for an OWP.

To answer your original question, the minors would still pay visa fees but not biometrics. I'm concerned that your "agent" is applying for tourist visas for you, but applying for the children separately - hence the different profiles. He may then be providing you with a fake OWP and asking for money, which you'll only find out was fake once you get to Canada.

I imagine his initial attempt at "buying" an LMIA failed.

Great you’ve been so helpful