+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed urgently for TRV for My mom

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
One last thing to clarify

As my Mom dont have any bank account and property on her name

If she include a letter indication that all expense include air ticket will be beared by my father and also bank account statement of my father is attached as supporting documents

Will it work or she has to open a new bank account??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tahir,

Your dad can give a Letter of Financial Support..... maybe notarised...... stating he will pay for her airfare + funds to visit.... you will have to give supporting documents from your dad for this (for eg: bank statements + salary statement)

It does not help to open a bank account for your mother at this stage..... firstly, you will be unable to provide 3-6 months of bank statements..... secondly, it will not be possible to convince the visa officer that the money in that account was rightfully earned by your mother

It is because your mother has only good family ties to Pakistan..... but nil financial ties.... no property ties, etc..... that's why I was wondering if your dad can also apply with your mother because he has strong reasons to return.... and in this case, the purpose is to visit you/your sister and families + for sightseeing, etc

And later if your mother would like to stay for longer then you can apply for an extension.... while your dad returns to Pakistan..... all this is only a suggestion

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Thanks alot Bryanna & davek for such a nice and informative suggestion

I really appreciate your efforts and help
I will contact once again if I require any further guidance

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Hi Bryanna & Davek,

I need your help urgently. I am planning to apply a visa for my parents and here is my situation.

1. I am the permanent resident living in Toronto since last year April.
2. My wife and three kids are landed immigrant and went back to Pakistan after 1 month of landing.
3. My father is retired and mom is house wife.
4. they have no property.
5. I have only one younger sister who is married and living in the same city in pakistan.
6. My mom has the joint account with me and has almost $10000 in account.
7. I have almost $7k in my account in canada.
8. My mom traveled to saudi once in last 5 years, my father lived in germany but long long time ago. no travel in last 5 years.

Based on above situation what do you suggest?

Thanks in Advance.
Kamran

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Kamran,

Hope I can help in some way

a. Does your dad get any pension?

b. Do your parents have financial investments like bank term deposits, shares/stocks, pension fund, etc?

c. Your sister will not really count as family ties because she is married and lives with her family

d. Does your family (wife and kids) live with your parents presently?

e. Are they living in a rented accommodation which has an agreement?

f. For the joint account with your mom - hope the $10000 balance is not a recent deposit.... also it would have to cover the costs of airfares for both your parents + they have to show they have funds to visit

g. Did your dad have residence status in Germany?

h. For how long do your parents intend to visit to Canada?

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Bryanna said:
Please see my answers below.

Hi Kamran,

Hope I can help in some way

a. Does your dad get any pension?
No

b. Do your parents have financial investments like bank term deposits, shares/stocks, pension fund, etc?
No

c. Your sister will not really count as family ties because she is married and lives with her family

d. Does your family (wife and kids) live with your parents presently?
Yes

e. Are they living in a rented accommodation which has an agreement?
Yes

f. For the joint account with your mom - hope the $10000 balance is not a recent deposit.... also it would have to cover the costs of airfares for both your parents + they have to show they have funds to visit.
Yes its not a recent deposits. However,there is a continuous in and out transactions. I use to send money in the same account for their monthly expenses.

g. Did your dad have residence status in Germany?
No

h. For how long do your parents intend to visit to Canada?
2-3 months

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Kamran,

To be quite honest, your parents' ties to their home country are not too strong.... except for family ties (your wife/kids live with them but again your wife/kids are PR holders who can move to Canada anytime)

2-3 months is too long for a visit considering their circumstance and ties.... from a visit visa point of view. Normally 2-3 weeks is best.

I am not sure how this will work for you:
Maybe you can invite only your mom or only your dad.... one at a time.... even for this, they do not have individual strong ties to Pakistan..... so the paperwork needs to be convincing.... or perhaps, you may want to wait until they have established somewhat stronger ties before they apply for TRVs

These are my views. Maybe other forum members have better suggestions

I truly hope your parents can visit you soon :)

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Dear Bryanna

I am here with few more questions

1. Should I include a letter from dad stating that he is including bank statement and he will bear the air ticket and other cost
If yes
Do you have any sample letter

2. Should I include the cover letter stating I am including letter of invitation and forms, paid bank callen , passport, photos, etc
If yes
Will you able to send me the sample

3. Last one letter of invitation
Kindly if possible for you to send me this sample letter as well

Thanks

Sorry for asking too much things

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tahir,

From what you've mentioned, you want:
a. Letter of Financial Support from your dad

b. Covering Letter (however, my understanding of this is different from yours.... it's a synopsis of the visa application/explanations set out in separate sections so the VO can get all details upfront.... is this what you are referring to?)

c. Invitation Letter from yourself

btw is your mom applying alone or is she applying along with your dad who is the main applicant?

Cheers :)

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi Tahir,

From what you've mentioned, you want:
a. Letter of Financial Support from your dad
Yes

b. Covering Letter (however, my understanding of this is different from yours.... it's a synopsis of the visa application/explanations set out in separate sections so the VO can get all details upfront.... is this what you are referring to?)

Again you are right

c. Invitation Letter from yourself
Yes again

btw is your mom applying alone or is she applying along with your dad who is the main applicant?
Only my Mom is applying as dad cannot leave the country due to job/leave issue

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tahir,

As your mom has only strong family ties.... no bank account, no financial ties and no other movable or immovable assets, no properties.... so I truly hope your mom gets her TRV on the basis of the Letter of Financial Support and other financial documents from your dad

A few other suggestions for your mom's TRV application:
a. Can your dad purchase Forex Cards (topped up for use in Canada) from a nationalized bank.... it should be issued in your mom's name.... and submit proofs that he has purchased it with his funds for your mom's visit

b. Or purchase CAD from a nationalized bank/authorized Forex dealer and submit photocopies of the purchase receipt.... this purchase receipt should be issued in your mom's name and mention her passport number

c. Can your dad (primary card applicant) get an add-on credit card issued in your mom's name (secondary card applicant) with suitable credit limits? By this, any outstanding dues are liable to be paid by your dad

d. Please prepare an Explanation: Funds available for my Canada visit (with cross-reference to relevant evidence).... in this explanation, you must cover various details like airfare, visa fees, funds for visit/sightseeing, Forex cards/CAD currency/credit cards/or a combination of these which your mom will carry, accommodation and living expenses in Canada etc

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Thanks for nice and worth full suggestions

I will tell my dad to buy forex card but we mentioned in our application that she will carry 10000 cad with her to cover The expenditure and statement of my father showing funds(in rupees) more then 18000 cad

If possible for you to send me sample of

A Letter of Financial Support from your da

B. Covering Letter (a synopsis of the visa application/explanations set out in separate sections so the VO can get all details upfront.... is this what you are referring to?)

C. Invitation Letter from yourself

My email adress is Heedehis@gmail.com

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tahir,

I have sent you the draft letters through private messages.... do make the necessary changes to make your mom's case more stronger

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Normally, any form of cash or currency is not accepted as proof of funds for the visa.... that's the reason why I suggested that your mom must submit proofs for purchasing (for eg) Forex Cards/CAD currency from authorized Forex dealer/etc.... in her name.... and also show that the finances for this was provided by your dad (his bank statements can confirm this)

Also, do not show excess funds nor less funds.... just a balance.... else, the VO could believe that your mom is likely to visit for long duration

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Thanks Alot
Bryanna So nice of you
I got the draft letter
I really appreciate your help

TC

Tahir

Bryanna said:
Hi Tahir,

I have sent you the draft letters through private messages.... do make the necessary changes to make your mom's case more stronger