+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed...Please

libra17

Jul 11, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I hope you guys are doing good!
My brother had visited Canada on a student visa in 2011 and he came back in 2 months due to family issues.
Now, he bought 2 iphones and did shopping worth 500$ CAD and did not pay the amount.
Now, he has applied for PR under express entry where his wife is a primary applicant.
Will there be an issue? I mean, will it be an issue in getting a PR? He did not overstay and stayed only 2 months (PCC not required as it has not exceeded 6 months)

Please reply...

Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I hope you guys are doing good!
My brother had visited Canada on a student visa in 2011 and he came back in 2 months due to family issues.
Now, he bought 2 iphones and did shopping worth 500$ CAD and did not pay the amount.
Now, he has applied for PR under express entry where his wife is a primary applicant.
Will there be an issue? I mean, will it be an issue in getting a PR? He did not overstay and stayed only 2 months (PCC not required as it has not exceeded 6 months)

Please reply...

Thank you in advance
There will be no impact to PR. However he has messed up his credit score in Canada and should look to pay off this bill and any interest/penalties as soon as possible (preferably now before more interest and penalty accumulates). A bad credit score can make it difficult to get a credit card, mortgage or other banking products. It can also impact a person's ability to secure a house or apartment to rent. In some cases it can also impact a person's ability to get a job (depending on the profession).

Reactions: ContactFront
Jul 29, 2019
It may prevent, depending on more information, mostly due to the moral turpitude tradition of anglo-Saxon nations.

Convicted with theft, a criminal may be illegible for immigration unless he/she goes through rehabilitation. This is called Criminal Inadmissibility.

So the questions are:
  1. What exactly did he do? Did he steal the goods?
  2. Is he convicted?
  3. if not, have someone already reported him or her so that this person is a figurative of law?

Either way, you need a lawyer probably.

If the person or company your brother screwed is really determined, your brother is in big trouble because:
  • Even if somehow your brother goes through the process and gets a PR card, a criminal conviction can revoke his PR status. So even if your brother does not get detected during the PR process, he is still not safe and may be kicked out with enough determination of the victim.

There are a lot of ifs, so he can choose to take his chances or consult a lawyer.

Last edited: