+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed on decision made by high commision on travel document

indiaguy

Nov 7, 2013
I became PR of canada in june,2009 went twice to canada. Last I went dec 2013 stayed there for about 120 days i.e upto apr'2014. Due my health problem I came back to india. In mean time due some other circumstances I did not not go back to canada till mar'2015. My PR got expired in may'2014 and I tried for Travel Document for going back to canada. After waiting for 2 months I got reply that I did not meet residency obligation so my PR status is no loger valid and I am advice to apply for appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the immigration and refugee board. Most important thing is they have also endorsed Travel Document as Permanent resident on my passport with the validity upto nov 2015. Now I am confuse whether I am allowed to travel on that visa or not

New-Immi

Jan 11, 2014
I only can say :

why would you do that in first place ???

******people like you effect a thousands off ppl waiting for either travel documents or PR ******

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
indiaguy said:
I became PR of canada in june,2009 went twice to canada. Last I went dec 2013 stayed there for about 120 days i.e upto apr'2014. Due my health problem I came back to india. In mean time due some other circumstances I did not not go back to canada till mar'2015. My PR got expired in may'2014 and I tried for Travel Document for going back to canada. After waiting for 2 months I got reply that I did not meet residency obligation so my PR status is no loger valid and I am advice to apply for appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division of the immigration and refugee board. Most important thing is they have also endorsed Travel Document as Permanent resident on my passport with the validity upto nov 2015. Now I am confuse whether I am allowed to travel on that visa or not
So you applied for a travel document, which they refused, but they put a visa in your passport that is good until Nov 2015?

If that is the case, then they issued you a ONE TIME visa in order for you to return to Canada and file your IAD appeal. If you do return to Canada using this, you will enter Canada as a PR under appeal. The time you spend in Canada waiting for that appeal can be up to 2 years, depending on your area, but that time will NOT count toward your RO. If your appeal is denied you will be told to leave Canada within 30 days. If you have no current valid health card/ drivers licence or any of the other basic items, you will find it quite difficult to obtain new ones without a valid PR card due to function creep. Although it is only intended to be a travel document, many services now use it is a defacto status item to prove you are entitled to receive health benefits and such.

They may issue you a one year validity PR card, while you await your appeal, however, if you leave Canada again, it WILL count against you at your appeal hearing as it will show you have no intention of settling in Canada yet.

Choose wisely.