+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed. NOC 2171 duties.

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
Hi I am working as a customer resource management analyst. Can you please review if my duties match NOC 2171?

• Manage the customer resource management system and verify customer data integrity and accuracy;
  • Discuss with the department manager to analyze and identify customer resource management requirements;
  • Propose and update the customer resource management policy and regulations to provide guidance and support to the utilization of customer resource;
  • Conduct research to optimize the management and strategy of the customer resource management system and provide relevant suggestions to the department manager;
  • Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data;
  • Conduct business studies on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of using customer resource;
  • Make assessments and propose improvements to the functions of the customer resource management system.

Main duties from NOC 2171:
  • Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
  • Conduct business and technical studies
  • Design, develop, integrate, test and implement information systems business solutions
  • Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
Thanks!

Last edited:

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
What does the lead statement say? It's the most important part of the job description.
Here is the lead statement:

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I don't see a lot of the action verbs from the NOC in your job description. Not to say you don't do them, but I can't easily find the equivalents - and you don't want to make an immigration officer :
analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans policies and procedures, confer with clients to identify and document requirements
and provide advice.

I did find the equivalent of
Conduct business and technical studies
  • Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data;
  • Conduct business studies on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of using customer resource;

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
I don't see a lot of the action verbs from the NOC in your job description. Not to say you don't do them, but I can't easily find the equivalents - and you don't want to make an immigration officer :
analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans policies and procedures, confer with clients to identify and document requirements
and provide advice.

I did find the equivalent of
Conduct business and technical studies
I think NOC 1122 may match better with my work experience. https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/dc05604af98b4fc98dc8ccac3b33eb7f?objectid=hTVs7PvQQWa2ZOTc+2HYbbREtRxtS7KPIZw16ilnuu4ktymb2AKZjmbap/FvDdmT
  • Manage the customer information management system and verify customer data integrity and accuracy
  • Discuss with the manager to analyze and identify customer information management requirements
  • Analyze and provide suggestions on the managerial methods of the customer information management
  • Propose and update the customer information management policy and regulations to provide guidance and support to the utilization of customer information
  • Make assessments and propose improvements to the strategies, procedures, and system of customer information management
  • Conduct research to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of customer information management policies
  • Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data

raymondzsy

May 2, 2019
How's mine? does that aline with NOC 2171 to you ?

 Develop and implement automation policies and continuous integration/continuous deployment procedures throughout the software development life cycle for applications under <xxx> department to maximize their efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality;

 Partner with <yyy>, to determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives;

 Analyze current technology or software utilized within the department and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them;

 Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs on Development and DevOps Technology Infrastructure;

 Mentor and train other quality assurance engineers throughout the department and seek to continually improve processes department wide; and

 Use open source technologies and modern tools to accomplish specific use cases of the team, such as automating existing and regularly-running manual jobs.

Umitca

Oct 29, 2022
Hi!This is my NOC code : 72204 – Telecommunications line and cable installers and repairers

My reference letter covers every bullet point except the last 4 ones:

This group performs some or all of the following duties:
  • Install, remove, maintain and repair aerial and underground telephone, coaxial and fibre optic cable television, and other telecommunication transmission and distribution lines, cables and associated hardware
  • Splice and repair various types and sizes of telephone and other telecommunication cables including single line, coaxial and fibre optic
  • Repair or replace faulty cables, power supplies, amplifiers and other associated transmission and distribution equipment
  • Inspect, monitor, test and adjust telecommunication transmission lines and cables and distribution systems
  • Analyze and record test results
  • Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures or work in confined spaces such as trenches, tunnels and crawl spaces
  • Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments
  • Assist in the erection and removal of telecommunication poles, towers and associated support structures
  • May operate excavation machinery and other heavy equipment.
My reference letter covers every bullet point except the last 4 ones.

In my opinion, bullet points number 6 and 7 are explicitly part of my job and there is no need to mention them in the reference letter because to do the 5 first duties I need to use ladders and sometimes work in confined spaces and also communicate with my colleagues.(it is a skilled trade job)

Regarding the 8 and 9 bullet points, I don't do the erection and removal of telecom poles and the last duty has the word "May" which makes it unessential.

What do you think?
My reference letter is good enough if it covers just the first 5 bullet points directly and 2 bullet points indirectly?

Thanks,