+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed. NOC 1122 duties.

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
Hi I was working as a customer information management analyst. Can you please review if my duties match NOC 1122? https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/dc05604af98b4fc98dc8ccac3b33eb7f?objectid=hTVs7PvQQWa2ZOTc+2HYbbREtRxtS7KPIZw16ilnuu4ktymb2AKZjmbap/FvDdmT

• Manage the customer information management system and verify customer data integrity and accuracy
  • Discuss with the manager to analyze and identify customer information management requirements
  • Analyze and provide suggestions on the managerial methods of the customer information management
  • Propose and update the customer information management policy and regulations to provide guidance and support to the utilization of customer information
  • Make assessments and propose improvements to the strategies, procedures, and system of customer information management
  • Conduct research to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of customer information management policies
  • Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data

Last edited:

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
It's not a complete match. I've identified the duties in the NOC that appear in your description and numbered them accordingly - the ones in italics are subject to interpretation.
Your job duties don't include any interactions with or preparations for regulatory bodies. It does not encompass an audit function, unless your first or fourth duties are interpreted in that way.

The broader message is on how to do a NOC analysis so that you can take matters into your own hands.

1. Manage the customer information management system and verify customer data integrity and accuracy
  2. Discuss with the manager to analyze and identify customer information management requirements
  3. Analyze and provide suggestions on the managerial methods of the customer information management
  4. Propose and update the customer information management policy and regulations to provide guidance and support to the utilization of customer information
  5. Make assessments and propose improvements to the strategies, procedures, and system of customer information management
  6. Conduct research to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of customer information management policies
  7. Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data
NOC 1122
  • 3. Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
  • 6. Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
  • 5. Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
  • 1. Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
  • 4. Provide guidance and support to businesses on regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies
  • Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
  • May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
It's not a complete match. I've identified the duties in the NOC that appear in your description and numbered them accordingly - the ones in italics are subject to interpretation.
Your job duties don't include any interactions with or preparations for regulatory bodies. It does not encompass an audit function, unless your first or fourth duties are interpreted in that way.

The broader message is on how to do a NOC analysis so that you can take matters into your own hands.

1. Manage the customer information management system and verify customer data integrity and accuracy
  2. Discuss with the manager to analyze and identify customer information management requirements
  3. Analyze and provide suggestions on the managerial methods of the customer information management
  4. Propose and update the customer information management policy and regulations to provide guidance and support to the utilization of customer information
  5. Make assessments and propose improvements to the strategies, procedures, and system of customer information management
  6. Conduct research to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of customer information management policies
  7. Perform data analysis to create new business insights from large sets of customer data
NOC 1122
  • 3. Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
  • 6. Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
  • 5. Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
  • 1. Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
  • 4. Provide guidance and support to businesses on regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies
  • Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
  • May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
Thanks for your reply. I understand that the duties I listed do not completely match what NOC 1122 mentioned. Does that mean my application will have a high chance to get refused?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I'm sorry. I can help you with the practical analyses, but I'm not going to speculate on chances of acceptance or refusal.
The criteria for acceptance of the NOC proposed by the applicant is that the applicant's job description must contain all of the duties in the Lead Statement and most of the Main Duties. Make a decision.