+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2171- Please tell me if my JD matches!!1

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone please tell me if my job duties match the NOC 2171. I think I fall under : Information systems business analysts and consultants. Details are below
Title: Business Analyst
Duties:
  • Writing, modifying, testing and debugging new and existing computer programs
  • Analyzing problems and making modifications to systems and individual programs to meet customer needs or systems design changes
  • Maintaining assigned systems
  • Developing solutions to problems in order to meet customer needs
  • Communicating with customers, in-house staff and vendors regarding system and customer needs-
  • Preparing documentation for new programs and changes to existing systems
  • Assisting customers with implementation of new and existing computer systems, including customer training
  • Conferring with senior staff regarding complex solutions to programming problems relating to customer needs

Here's the 2171 NOC description

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

• The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
  • Information systems business analysts and consultants
    • Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
    • Conduct business and technical studies
    • Design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions
    • Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
  • Systems security analysts
    • Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
    • Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
  • Information systems quality assurance analysts
    • Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
  • Systems auditors
Conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
A
Can someone please tell me if my job duties match the NOC 2171. I think I fall under : Information systems business analysts and consultants. Details are below
Title: Business Analyst
Duties:
  • Writing, modifying, testing and debugging new and existing computer programs
  • Analyzing problems and making modifications to systems and individual programs to meet customer needs or systems design changes
  • Maintaining assigned systems
  • Developing solutions to problems in order to meet customer needs
  • Communicating with customers, in-house staff and vendors regarding system and customer needs-
  • Preparing documentation for new programs and changes to existing systems
  • Assisting customers with implementation of new and existing computer systems, including customer training
  • Conferring with senior staff regarding complex solutions to programming problems relating to customer needs

Here's the 2171 NOC description

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

• The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
  • Information systems business analysts and consultants
    • Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
    • Conduct business and technical studies
    • Design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions
    • Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
  • Systems security analysts
    • Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
    • Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
  • Information systems quality assurance analysts
    • Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
  • Systems auditors
Conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software
Anyone???

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A

Anyone???
I think it does. That is my NOC too and those duties seem very similar to what I had in my reference letters. I landed a few weeks ago.