+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed: Cover Letter for retired parent

ghrace1225

Apr 14, 2019
Hi,

Please check if this cover letter for my dad (retired driver) would suffice. Thanks in advance:

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

My name is ______ with Philippine Passport No. ______ and I would like to apply for a Canada Visitor Visa in line with my intention to travel to Canada from ______ to ________

The main purpose of my travel is to visit my siblings and attend my niece’s wedding. However, I’m also looking forward to visiting the robust nature reserves throughout Canada and learn the Canadian culture and way of life. During most of our visit, my children and I will stay at my brother’s house at ____________. On _____ to _______, we will be traveling to ____________ Resort & Spa to attend my niece’s wedding and help with the preparations.

I have sufficient funds for my stay and I can assure you that I have no intention to settle down in Canada since I am appointed by my brother, ___________, who is residing in Canada, to represent him to process the Transfer Certificate of Land Title for his property in _______ City where we are currently residing (see Special Power of Attorney). Most of our siblings are located in other countries and our only brother located in the Philippines is busy in managing a construction business and can’t handle the tedious process needed to complete the Transfer of Title. Hence, I am the only one who can assist him in ensuring that he would finally get the land title transferred to his name.

In addition, I’ve been the sole parent for my children since their mom left us in 1998. They already have good-paying jobs from the top employers in the country and have no reason to stay in Canada permanently. I wouldn’t want to abandon them since I am the only parent that they have left to support them with their daily tasks. My daughter, ______, is a working student and has a very tight schedule which is why she needs me to complete basic household chores like cleaning and cooking.

Furthermore, I recently retired on April 1 when I turned 60 and I plan to spend my retirement stage in ______ City, where I was born and raised. Despite the alluring breathtaking-views in other countries, I would not trade this peaceful city as my permanent residence.

Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:

1. Visa application form, duly dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures

2. Passport, showing my travel experience

3. Confirmed ticket reservations for my flights to and from Canada

4. Invitation letters from my brother and niece.

5. Hotel reservations in ____________ Resort

6. Planned Itinerary

7. Bank Certificates

8. Bank Statements

I hope this information will sufficiently demonstrate my intentions of travel being a tourist in Canada, as well as my ties to the Philippines (family obligations) and you will kindly issue the necessary Visitor Visa to me. I undertake to make sure that I do not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for my stay.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's a nice letter, and I hope it works. You're evidencing ties to the Philippines and reasons to return - this is good. He has siblings, a daughter, and a niece (at least?) in Canada? That will be something that hopefully these ties will overcome.

Make sure you include evidence of the daughters that require assistance at home, along with the pending transfer of title.

Purchasing tickets prior to the visa issuance is not a good idea. I hope they can be refunded if he is denied.