waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
hi

my advise to u is to inform immigration that u no longer wish to continue with the marriage. Tell them that u no longer want ur spouse to accompany u. I don't see the reason why it will affect ur application. it is better to inform them now than to wait for divorce. Don't make a mistake of bringing ur spouse to Canada if u guys don't agree together. if u do so, u will make the biggest mistake of ur life that will continue to hurt u forever. mark my words. I am telling u based on family experience.

vsunny17

Mar 8, 2014
kokoman2013 said:
My advice -

Do not do that, even if your PR card is granted. It can be provoked at anytime!. What will you tell them once you file for Citizenship? She tells someone after you have your PR card that you were together just for the status.

The OP (cic handbook) clearly states. Any martial change should be informed to the CIC. So do that, It won't delay your application by so much. This stuff happens and they know it.

You don't want to get your PR card and then keep always looking behind your shoulder or worrying. "Will this come bite me in the ass when i apply for citizenship?" Because I am sure this will be a red flag when you do.

Best advice - Talk to a proper lawyer. Advice is free by them. Ask them what you should do...
Thanks kokoman2013 i appreciate ur views i am even thinking to inform them because now or later i have to file for divorce so bettrr notify them now.
But the thing is divorce will not happen verysoon in my home country india so i dont know at this moment what proof i can show them to remove her name from application.
Please put some light on this if u have any idea.
Thanks

vsunny17

Mar 8, 2014
ujbaby said:
hi

my advise to u is to inform immigration that u no longer wish to continue with the marriage. Tell them that u no longer want ur spouse to accompany u. I don't see the reason why it will affect ur application. it is better to inform them now than to wait for divorce. Don't make a mistake of bringing ur spouse to Canada if u guys don't agree together. if u do so, u will make the biggest mistake of ur life that will continue to hurt u forever. mark my words. I am telling u based on family experience.
Thanks a lot ur genuine advice i feel the same thats why i dont want to do further for her PR.
But i m totally blank at this point what documents i have to send with the notify email.If they ask for separation or divorce papers ,it will surely effect or delay for so long my PR as in my country india divorce application takes lots of time.
I am planning to see lawyers or still looking for good lawyers in edmobton area.But yes one thing is sure i will not do this mistake agsin as i slready did one of my big mistake of life.
Im feeling helpless but believe in god that all be fine.
Thanks

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
vsunny17 said:
Thanks a lot ur genuine advice i feel the same thats why i dont want to do further for her PR.
But i m totally blank at this point what documents i have to send with the notify email.If they ask for separation or divorce papers ,it will surely effect or delay for so long my PR as in my country india divorce application takes lots of time.
I am planning to see lawyers or still looking for good lawyers in edmobton area.But yes one thing is sure i will not do this mistake agsin as i slready did one of my big mistake of life.
Im feeling helpless but believe in god that all be fine.
Thanks
notify immigration first. if they need any documents, they will let u know.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I am not entirely sure about this, but I suppose you can submit proof that you two are now legally separated (proof that you are living separately, filed for divorce, etc. etc.).

vsunny17 said:
Thanks kokoman2013 i appreciate ur views i am even thinking to inform them because now or later i have to file for divorce so bettrr notify them now.
But the thing is divorce will not happen verysoon in my home country india so i dont know at this moment what proof i can show them to remove her name from application.
Please put some light on this if u have any idea.
Thanks

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Hope1957 said:
I am not entirely sure about this, but I suppose you can submit proof that you two are now legally separated (proof that you are living separately, filed for divorce, etc. etc.).
that won't be necessary. when I was filling for my pr, my marital status was legally separated. I didn't include any proof of the status since my spouse was not accompanying and cic never bother to ask me anything. They only need proof when the applicant declare his/her marital status as married or divorced.

gracy016

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-13
Doc's Request.
12-30-13 (RPRF & Biodata)
AOR Received.
04-30-13
Med's Request
12-31-13
Med's Done....
01-08-14
Passport Req..
02-21-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-14
LANDED..........
03-09-14
Hello!

when I submitted my application my status is married then I made a declaration letter that my marriage is falling apart and that my husband doesn't intend to come to Canada. This declaration letter states that I am aware that If I will not include my husband in my application, I will not be able to sponsor him in the future. ("I understand that even if we reconcile that I cannot use the Family stream program to sponsor him.") I suggest you make this letter of declaration and get it notarized by a Lawyer. CIC will understand.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I agree with the last 2 posts....My gut feel is that it's more suspicious to add dependents rather than remove them, hence, they need more proof of the former than the latter.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
gracy016 said:
Hello!

when I submitted my application my status is married then I made a declaration letter that my marriage is falling apart and that my husband doesn't intend to come to Canada. This declaration letter states that I am aware that If I will not include my husband in my application, I will not be able to sponsor him in the future. ("I understand that even if we reconcile that I cannot use the Family stream program to sponsor him.") I suggest you make this letter of declaration and get it notarized by a Lawyer. CIC will understand.
agree with u, the op can use this format as well :)

vsunny17

Mar 8, 2014
gracy016 said:
Hello!

Thanks a lot for your views.This sounds good so that means any lawyer can make this kind of letter & we can submitted to cic after notarized.

Lets see if i send this letter next week so my spouse no need to medicals as well because medicals clock is still ongoing only 40 days left for me.
If you dont mind can u plz share abt this kind of letter exact format.
One more thing after submitted this letter is CIC ask you anything else or your application delay & have u submit this letter after medical or before.
Sorry so many questions because u face this situation so i can take ur advice.
Thanks a lot & may god bless ur life with lots of happiness.

vsunny17

Mar 8, 2014
ujbaby said:
that won't be necessary. when I was filling for my pr, my marital status was legally separated. I didn't include any proof of the status since my spouse was not accompanying and cic never bother to ask me anything. They only need proof when the applicant declare his/her marital status as married or divorced.
Thanks ujbaby really thankful for ur advice from bottom of my heart as u really make me comfortable about this scenerio whats happening with me.

veronica79

Nov 20, 2013
kenora, ont
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 13, 2013
AOR Received.
august 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
August 8, 2013
Med's Request
February 12,2014
Med's Done....
February 25,2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 12,2014
VISA ISSUED...
june 20,2014
LANDED..........
july 7,2014
ujbaby said:
hi ujbaby, I applied under cec as legally separated too and cic asked for a proof of separation, what I did was write an affidavit about what happened to our marriage and have it notarized by a lawyer, also my immigration consultant requested from cic a form of declaration saying that I exclude my husband as part of my family member and will never be and he will never be sponsored or will not accompany me to canada in the future.
Did cic asked any document from you too? And what was that?
coz im not sure if the documents I sent will suffice the VO.

thanks

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
veronica79 said:
hi ujbaby, I applied under cec as legally separated too and cic asked for a proof of separation, what I did was write an affidavit about what happened to our marriage and have it notarized by a lawyer, also **spam** requested from cic a form of declaration saying that I exclude my husband as part of my family member and will never be and he will never be sponsored or will not accompany me to canada in the future.
Did cic asked any document from you too? And what was that?
coz im not sure if the documents I sent will suffice the VO.

thanks
hi

cic never ask me to submit any legal separation documents. I never intend to include my spouse with my application because he is already a Canadian citizen so it was not necessary. I also included a written note with my application explaining that my spouse is a Canadian citizen hence don't need pr.

veronica79

Nov 20, 2013
kenora, ont
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 13, 2013
AOR Received.
august 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
August 8, 2013
Med's Request
February 12,2014
Med's Done....
February 25,2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 12,2014
VISA ISSUED...
june 20,2014
LANDED..........
july 7,2014
ujbaby said:
hi

cic never ask me to submit any legal separation documents. I never intend to include my spouse with my application because he is already a Canadian citizen so it was not necessary. I also included a written note with my application explaining that my spouse is a Canadian citizen hence don't need pr.
ah ok.. I think your case is easier than mine coz your spouse is Canadian, with me, we are both foreign nationals. Anyways, thank you for your reply, hopefully, VO will be satisfied with the documents I sent.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
For what it's worth, in case anyone doubts that an imminent divorce or separation is something CIC wants to know about:

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
From the "Request for RPRF and updates" email.

My impression is, whether your spouse is applying for PR with you doesn't make a difference.