+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!MPNP if mom is permanent resident living in Toronto

M

Maple man

Please help me!My mom is a permanent resident and she lives in Toronto!I am trying to immigrate through MPNP!Is it a big problem?Because as I know I will have to state that I have a relative outside Manitoba!will I have problems and unnecessary questions?what should I do?thank you

kamal dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Manitoba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/Feb/2011
Doc's Request.
24/feb/2011 got file number
Nomination.....
sponsor intervied on 10/june
AOR Received.
LOA received today 30/july/2011 dated 14june,2011
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
CHC DELHI 4/august/2011,
Med's Request
5/september/2011
Med's Done....
12/september/2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
5/sep/2011
VISA ISSUED...
5/october/2011 with God grace
Maple man said:
Please help me!My mom is a permanent resident and she lives in Toronto!I am trying to immigrate through MPNP!Is it a big problem?Because as I know I will have to state that I have a relative outside Manitoba!will I have problems and unnecessary questions?what should I do?thank you
offcourse man there will be a big problem.Manitoba will not nominate u

M

Maple man

Does anybody has the same situation?maybe brother or a sister?Her second husband is sponsoring her!she will either get immigration visa or permanent resident!How can I solve thus riddle?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple man said:
Maple man said:
Does anybody has the same situation?maybe brother or a sister?Her second husband is sponsoring her!she will either get immigration visa or permanent resident!How can I solve thus riddle?
Ok, so your mother is a PR and living in Toronto. Now, whose husband is sponsoring whom and what does this have to do with your MPNP application?

An immigration visa and permanent residence is the same thing.

Having a relative outside Manitoba might not affect your application. They may ask if you consider moving to Toronto to be with your mother but if you are immigrating through a job offer, you can say no because your job is in Manitoba and that maybe your mother will consider moving to Manitoba instead if visiting each other is not enough.

M

Maple man

Sorry! I will clarify a little bit!My mom got married second time!Her husband is a citizen and is sponsoring her permanent residence!I am a 21 year old son,married!Right now I am in Canada and want to immigrate through Manitoba! Will it be possible to explain to the visa officer that I am not moving to Toronto and that I want to stay in Manitoba?thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are an adult and do not have to live with your mother. You may be asked if that is your plan, just say no.

M

Maple man

Any other ideas or experiences? I am really worried about this!maybe you had a brothe or other relative there?

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Manitoba will unlikely issue a nomination to someone it believes will not settle in Manitoba permanently. It does so by evaluating the tie of the applicant to Manitoba. If you have a strong tie elsewhere, it will definitely deny your application. In this case, your tie to Toronto is definitely stronger and you cannot use Manitoba as a stepping stone because the chance is very low. Of course if you have a permanent job offer in Manitoba, your tie will be strong in Manitoba and they may consider your case

M

Maple man

Doesn't sound promising!)any other more positive inspirational advises?I could really use one.Because some people say I have a chance if I just say I won't leave Manitoba others say I am scrrewed?please

M

Maple man

I know I am being very annoying but I just want to know where to go to a lawer and try to figure smt out.come on guys you must have some of your relatives living outside the province where you immigrated!please share some information!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your basis of applying under MPNP? Do you have a job offer in Manitoba?

If you want a lawyer, talk to the one who runs this forum, www.canadavisa.com

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Maple Man:

Its been long since you checked for your question

So...would you share your views now on what is the impact of "Relatives outside Manitoba" on MPNP application ????

Any views are welcome....

Please share your experiences...opinions are welcome...

ak

jason214

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I have been refused MPNP application due to stronger ties to British Columbia.
I have a brother in BC and have lived and studied in British Columbia for three years.

I asked MPNP if there's any way to be nominated under MPNP because my boss, manger and a few Canadian friends are willing to support. The answer is:

"If you really want to immigrate to Canada, there are some options available wherein you can apply with Citizenship and Immigration Canada under their Skilled Worker category or with British Columbia Provincial Nominee."

I have seen many people leave Manitoba right after they've become PR for better jobs and education. Manitoba is determined to select people who are going to stay permanently in Manitoba. When it comes to MPNP, retention is a big deal.

Even though I'm a married grown man (37yo) with a full time permanent skilled job (aircraft mechanic) who has been working for 13 months in Manitoba, they still think I would be moving back to BC to live with my brother.

I am going for CEC. There are a lot of options to immigrate to Canada.