+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!MPNP if mom is permanent resident living in Toronto

kingskid

Feb 20, 2014
I have a minor child (15years+) on study permit at Nova Scotia - would this be taking as strong ties against my mpnp application. I have plan to transfer her to Manitoba if nominated.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
jason214 said:
I have been refused MPNP application due to stronger ties to British Columbia.
I have a brother in BC and have lived and studied in British Columbia for three years.

I asked MPNP if there's any way to be nominated under MPNP because my boss, manger and a few Canadian friends are willing to support. The answer is:

"If you really want to immigrate to Canada, there are some options available wherein you can apply with Citizenship and Immigration Canada under their Skilled Worker category or with British Columbia Provincial Nominee."

I have seen many people leave Manitoba right after they've become PR for better jobs and education. Manitoba is determined to select people who are going to stay permanently in Manitoba. When it comes to MPNP, retention is a big deal.

Even though I'm a married grown man (37yo) with a full time permanent skilled job (aircraft mechanic) who has been working for 13 months in Manitoba, they still think I would be moving back to BC to live with my brother.

I am going for CEC. There are a lot of options to immigrate to Canada.
This is quite stupid. I think it just depends on the nominating officer. I had a friend who did an interview for nomination and he was asked if he had any family ties outside the province. He thought it would be cool to let them know that he has strong family ties in all of Canada and he boasted about his relatives being in good position in other provinces and how they can readily support him. The officer wasn't happy with the answer.
As for me I always have a keen interest in History. Before I came as a student I had done so much research and I was able to impress my officer with my knowledge about the province's history. That is why I always recommend people to do a lot of research on the province that you want to settle in as a Provincial Nominee.