+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Missed employment in employment history

UncleJ

Apr 25, 2021
Hi,

Looking for some help from the seniors. I have recently completed and sent my paper citizenship application to the Sydney CPC (application received end of March, still awaiting AOR).

Whilst going through my application again (I printed multiple copies), I realized that I failed to mention two employment jobs in my five year period. Both these jobs are in Canada and they both have T4s and I have filed them with my tax returns. They were basic minimum wage jobs (to keep money cycle running whilst I searched for jobs in my own profession) that I completely forgot I did, primarily because they weren’t related to my profession (so I did not track them in my resume) and because they were so long ago. I know it is completely my mistake and I intend to rectify this mistake. Details of the jobs below:

Job 1 time period: 4 weeks (April-May 2018)
Job 2 time period: 2 days (Sep 2018)

For the time period for these jobs, I entered unemployed because I genuinely did not remember that I had done them. It was only after I reviewed my T4s from 2018 that I remembered I have accidentally skipped mentioning them.

I of course intend to inform IRCC about this accident on my part. My question from the seniors and experts is
  • how best to do it?
  • Should I wait untilI receive my AOR?
  • Should I contact the IRCC call center and inform the agent?
  • Or should I use the web form to update this information?
  • How will this affect my application? Will it be cancelled and returned to me and I’ll be required to file a new one?
I’d be much obliged if you could please take the time to address my concerns. As you can imagine, I am quite anxious about what to do and how this is going to affect my application.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

Looking for some help from the seniors. I have recently completed and sent my paper citizenship application to the Sydney CPC (application received end of March, still awaiting AOR).

Whilst going through my application again (I printed multiple copies), I realized that I failed to mention two employment jobs in my five year period. Both these jobs are in Canada and they both have T4s and I have filed them with my tax returns. They were basic minimum wage jobs (to keep money cycle running whilst I searched for jobs in my own profession) that I completely forgot I did, primarily because they weren’t related to my profession (so I did not track them in my resume) and because they were so long ago. I know it is completely my mistake and I intend to rectify this mistake. Details of the jobs below:

For the time period for these jobs, I entered unemployed because I genuinely did not remember that I had done them. It was only after I reviewed my T4s from 2018 that I remembered I have accidentally skipped mentioning them.

I of course intend to inform IRCC about this accident on my part. My question from the seniors and experts is
  • how best to do it?
  • How will this affect my application? Will it be cancelled and returned to me and I’ll be required to file a new one?
I’d be much obliged if you could please take the time to address my concerns. As you can imagine, I am quite anxious about what to do and how this is going to affect my application.
In my opinion, as soon as you receive your AOR and have your application number, send a webform and explain everything from A to Z.
In my opinion, you’ll be totally fine if you send the webform and explain everything.
I believe your application won’t be returned to you as AOR is just for confirming that all required documents are provided, the form is filled properly, and the process of your application would start. That’s it. You’ll be fine. Don’t worry.

Reactions: UncleJ

UncleJ

Apr 25, 2021
In my opinion, as soon as you receive your AOR and have your application number, send a webform and explain everything from A to Z.
In my opinion, you’ll be totally fine if you send the webform and explain everything.
I believe your application won’t be returned to you as AOR is just for confirming that all required documents are provided, the form is filled properly, and the process of your application would start. That’s it. You’ll be fine. Don’t worry.
Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it! I do have a follow up question however; will sending a web form affect the processing of the application in any way?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it! I do have a follow up question however; will sending a web form affect the processing of the application in any way?
Not necessarily. The processing time of a citizenship application depends on too many factors. In my opinion, sending a webform shouldn’t affect the processing of your application. You just made a simple mistake in filling the form and will let them know about your mistake frankly, and you’ll be totally fine.

UncleJ

Apr 25, 2021
Hi,

Reviving this old thread to ask the seniors and experts a question. After receiving my AOR, I submitted a web form detailing my additional employment history.

My question is, would it make sense to withdraw the application and apply again? There has been no progress on my application since I received my AOR in May.I did get a confirmation after the web form submission that they have forwarded the information in the web form to the relevant office, but I confirmed and my application is still pending in Sydney.

What do the seniors and experts recommend?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Reviving this old thread to ask the seniors and experts a question. After receiving my AOR, I submitted a web form detailing my additional employment history.

My question is, would it make sense to withdraw the application and apply again? There has been no progress on my application since I received my AOR in May.I did get a confirmation after the web form submission that they have forwarded the information in the web form to the relevant office, but I confirmed and my application is still pending in Sydney.

What do the seniors and experts recommend?
To me, it doesn't make any sense to withdraw the application now that you've received AOR. As long as you sent the information via webform, you should be okay IMO.

Addie1

Dec 13, 2022
Hi,

• how best to do it?
Hello,
Just checking with you, did you get any query with missed employment or did your application get approval?