+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
I am currently in Canada. I applied for PR under EE this month and did the medical exam in a clinic, and then the clinic asked me to take a sputum culture test and the second x-ray after 3 months since they found very small dots on my lung. I did all they asked, and the clinic submitted my result to IRCC, BTW, the sputum test result shows all negative, however, IRCC sent me an email says I need to do medical surveillance. My case status doesn't show medical passed yet, so I wonder how this will affect my application. I will get medical passed after this surveillance or the case will be continued processing, I'll do it once I get PR and after the landing.

Thx heaps

The email looks like this:

Good Day,

The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

A copy of this correspondence will be included in your file.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important request.

Kind regards,

The Public Health Liaison Unit / Unité de liaison avec la santé publique

Migration Health Branch / Direction générale Migration et Santé

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Reactions: abseven

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
well if you have active TB for example, you can get rejected.

If you had pneumonia before and those dots are the consequence of that, you'll be fine

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Medical surveillance is once you get PR, then you need to carry out another XRAY and other tests as required.
We received Medical Surveillance and after we landed got it done and cleared it.

Reactions: Max Kapoor

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
Medical surveillance is once you get PR, then you need to carry out another XRAY and other tests as required.
We received Medical Surveillance and after we landed got it done and cleared it.
Thank you for your reply. Were you in Canada when you applied for PR, I wonder if it could be different for me already in Canada. I know many people did it after landing because they were outside of Canada.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
No I was outside canada. You can even approach the local health community now and check with them. If they have you on file then you can go ahead with the surveillance.

Reactions: Max Kapoor

Eknoorz

Apr 21, 2020
well if you have active TB for example, you can get rejected.

If you had pneumonia before and those dots are the consequence of that, you'll be fine
hello zabrodov

I am an international student.When I had my medical exam while applying for visa in my home country, the X-ray showed an abnormality.Then embassy suggested to undergo sputum culture test for TB. But my reporters came as negative and then I had my X-Ray which showed little spots but my doctor said everything is fine and I got my visa with medical Surveillance letter.And now I’m planning to travel can you please tell if I’m good to go?

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
hello zabrodov

I am an international student.When I had my medical exam while applying for visa in my home country, the X-ray showed an abnormality.Then embassy suggested to undergo sputum culture test for TB. But my reporters came as negative and then I had my X-Ray which showed little spots but my doctor said everything is fine and I got my visa with medical Surveillance letter.And now I’m planning to travel can you please tell if I’m good to go?
You should contact to your local public health authority once u land in CAN and follow their pocedure. If u need to travel, then u should report to the doctor who does medical surveillance for u.

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hi
Can someone help me out.
During my study permit, i was given medical surveillance notice. I have completed that after landing. Now i have applied for my pgwp(post graduate work permit), do i need to get a medical test again?
Can someone answer this?

man08

May 3, 2018
Hi Everyone I need help, I applied for PR as inland applicant and got the COPR and Medical surveillance form. Before getting COPR after the medical was passed I received the MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE and in that letter it is mentioned that

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file.

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, response times and the availability of appointments has been affected. This means it may take longer than 3 months for your appointment to be scheduled. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after six months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance- SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada."

" But with the COPR letter I get the form IMM 0535 (10-2017) B In the part A of this form I need to sign "I understand that provincial/territorial health authorities in Canada may wish to monitor my health. I agree to them doing so. I understand my landing in Canada conditional upon my reporting to a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days of my admission to Canada as a permanent resident. I shall report any changes in residence forthwith to Canada Immigration and the appropriate provincial/territorial authorities. "

I am confused on where I need to contact. When I call cic, they also don't know. One agent told me I do not require medical surveillance and another said I do not need to call anywhere P/T PHA will call me.

shooter117

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Everyone I need help, I applied for PR as inland applicant and got the COPR and Medical surveillance form. Before getting COPR after the medical was passed I received the MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE and in that letter it is mentioned that

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance- SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada."

" But with the COPR letter I get the form IMM 0535 (10-2017) B In the part A of this form I need to sign "I understand that provincial/territorial health authorities in Canada may wish to monitor my health. I agree to them doing so. I understand my landing in Canada conditional upon my reporting to a provincial/territorial health clinic within 30 days of my admission to Canada as a permanent resident. I shall report any changes in residence forthwith to Canada Immigration and the appropriate provincial/territorial authorities. "

I am confused on where I need to contact. When I call cic, they also don't know. One agent told me I do not require medical surveillance and another said I do not need to call anywhere P/T PHA will call me.
In my case, my local PH sent me a letter and a phone number on the letter for me to call. I called and a nurse asked me some questions, and said I have nothing to do since my medical exam is within one year. After that, my medical exam passed as usual, 4 months later I got coop.

man08

May 3, 2018
In my case, my local PH sent me a letter and a phone number on the letter for me to call. I called and a nurse asked me some questions, and said I have nothing to do since my medical exam is within one year. After that, my medical exam passed as usual, 4 months later I got coop.
Thank you for response. I already got CoPR. I got the form with CoPR and the letter I got was before CoPR. when I passed medical exam. I am confused with the form I got with CoPR. I checked online and people are informed when they do landing at the port of entry how and where to contact but in my case I donot have to do any landing as I am already in Canada and due to covid situation its all done.

Canadatalk

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Thank you for response. I already got CoPR. I got the form with CoPR and the letter I got was before CoPR. when I passed medical exam. I am confused with the form I got with CoPR. I checked online and people are informed when they do landing at the port of entry how and where to contact but in my case I donot have to do any landing as I am already in Canada and due to covid situation its all done.
I got ditto letter today for my spouse with same wordings.. I have my PR file approved yesterday 19 Apr, however, I am still waiting for the COPR email from IRCC. I am inland Canada CEC applicant. will this create any delay in getting COPR email? my/spouse medical was passed by IRCC on 20 Oct 2020 , after my spouse furtherance medical exam. Does my spouse need to go for another follow-up medical exam? where did you end up finally?

VR1

Feb 8, 2021
Hi
I am in a similar situation. Got COPR yesterday along with the medical surveillance letter. Any idea where should we sent it?